- The Manager, Accounting, shall be responsible for the development, execution and supervision of all operational and reporting responsibilities of the accounting & tax department and shall assist the director, tax & accounting, as needed. Assist accounting management with the coordination and preparation of annual tax and regulatory reporting, in addition to quarterly tax provisions.
- The Manager, Accounting must be able to coordinate projects and participate/lead interdepartmental initiatives acting as a representative of the interests of the finance functional units.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in accounting, and/or finance, CPA or MBA strongly preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in accounting or in a capacity of financial control required.
- Two (2) years of progressive leadership/management responsibility required.
- Demonstrate supervisory, leadership and process management skills.
- Experience preparing tax returns and financial statements using GAAP and SAP methods.
- Ability to be detail oriented in the documentation of complex processes (i.e. create workflow diagrams, action plans, process narratives).Attention to detail is critical.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects, organizational skills a priority.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and maintain confidentiality
- Analytical skills to prepare and analyze business plans, technical designs and financial reports.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to maintain and enhance financial reporting systems and recommend reporting or process efficiencies.
- Proficient PC skills in windows environment.Spreadsheet and project management software experience preferred.
- Proven examples of displaying the IH values: Passionate, Caring, Respectful, Trustworthy, Collaborative and Accountable.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, Independent Health and its affiliates will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law. Click here for additional EEO/AAP information