Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
- We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
- We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
- We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
- We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
Manager, Asset Manaement
The Asset Management Team identifies and allocates capacity to enable sales deals and optimizes the utilization of SES in-orbit assets across the global GEO & MEO fleets for the mutual benefit of customers and SES. The Senior Manager, Asset Management works as part of the Asset Management (AM) team primarily to:
- Independently manage and proactively contribute to key Asset Management responsibilities in the area of capacity planning and optimization for MEO and GEO fleet. The Manager, Asset Management is responsible for ensuring the best use of the capacity on the SES global fleet of 60+ satellites spread around the world for managing a total volume of business exceeding EUR 100 million.
- Responsible for the management and development of processes and day to day activities for:
- GEO and MEO Spacecraft inventory planning in both short and long term timeframes
- Optimization of the capacity for the assigned satellites to enable the Sales VPs and SVPs across both NBUs to meet their revenue targets. Current revenue expectations for the assigned assets is 100-250 MEuros
- Proactive analysis of regrooming options and reconfiguration of satellites. This entails in-depth knowledge of each customer’s technical and commercial requirements as well as the technical characteristics and capabilities of the global fleet satellites to identify the best alternate capacity to facilitate a sales deal that may not otherwise be possible due to a lack of suitable capacity
- Contribute to planning for the integration of new spacecraft into the global fleet to facilitate high utilization rates on day one, thereby maximizing the return on investment and overall satellite revenue. If required, proactively identifying and recommending changes to IT tools or business processes required to manage new assets. For HTS satellites this involves developing new IT tools and business processes that reflect the impacts of new technology introductions, including the company wide education of what these requirements would be. This is an ongoing process as new satellite technologies are purchased by SES.
- Triggering the contention process to the applicable NBU(s) and work with the NBU(s) to determine if there is alternate capacity that can meet the needs of all involved customers to maximize SES’s revenue
- Provide technical and commercial input regarding existing customers and satellites to Sales and Fleet Development in response to requests to repoint beams or relocate assets
- As part of Emergency Response Team contribute to the AM input to complex (e.g . s/c failure ) contingency and restoration This requires understanding the requirements of individual customers on the satellite, how and for what they are using the capacity and what alternate capacity would be suitable for them This is an iterative process of communicating with CTP, Sales and Sales Engineering to find a suitable solution in the shortest possible timeframe.
- Proactively contribute to the development of solutions for MEO and GEO capacity assignment issues, liaising and communicating with Commercial Deal Planning, Yield Management, Sales Engineers, Sales Directors, Commercial Managers, Product Development and Transition team (as required)
- Support Sales by supporting customer meetings or discussions as requested
- Support Sales the development of responses to customer RFPs as required
- Identify and support the tool enhancements needed to support changing market requirements, new product development e.g Maritime + and the strategic direction of the NBUs. This involves communicating across different units and teams g. is the development of the Martime+ capacity tool enabling the translation of ship itineraries into capacity requirements for specific timeframes in specific geographies, or the creation of the beam loading diagram for the MEO fleet
- Lead or proactively contribute to project teams for projects assigned by line manager; examples of such projects are the development of new modules in the CPO tool to further enhance the overall team’s ability to effectively manage assets, development of new tools and processes that support the evolution of the Asset Management team’s ability to support the NBU requirements, provide input into M&A and other strategic projects etc.;
- Proactively advise on process enhancements to complete AM tasks within the deal flow,
- As part of the pre-sales process, advise on capacity availability across the MEO and GEO global fleet
- As part of the Lead to Order process assign capacity across the assigned subset of MEO and GEO (Wide beam and HTS) global fleet
- Assign capacity for Occasional Use services. Managing the Occasional Use inventory in light of demands for full-time services;
- Proactively liaise with other departments, ensuring the maintenance of all spacecraft configuration and integrity of databases used by Asset Management;
- Liaise with and provide inputs to Transition and Contingency planning;
- Contribute to the Bandwith Bulletin, which is the tool used by Sales on a daily basis as a first insight into what inventory they have to sell.
- Proactively contribute to the Asset Management input into the interference analysis for the assigned group of satellites
- Understanding of customer networks and how they interact with satellites
- Analytical and financial acuity required to balance commercial concerns with technical constraints;
- Demonstration of the ability to be a team player, take initiative, be flexible, take leadership and be decisive is essential;
- A strong ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple time-sensitive tasks in a demanding environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues.
- Engineering bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) or demonstrable equivalent work experience in lieu of formal qualifications
- 5 years professional experience with 3 or more years in capacity management
- Technical knowledge of satellite technology, satellite operations and earth stations is a plus
- Good understanding of DRM and financial tools is a plus
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural, international environment
- Requires a proactive approach toward complex tasks related to optimization of the utilization of the SES in-orbit assets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. In conformity with U.S. Government technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), certain positions may require U.S. Citizenship, status as a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or a “protected individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligibility to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.