The Manager, Data and Outcomes will lead the data collection, outcome analysis and evaluation of results related to the YWCA National Capital Area Programs. In close partnership with the Chief Programs Officer, the Manager, Data and Outcomes will establish relevant metrics that demonstrate measureable outcomes to stakeholders; and continuously audit systems to ensure data integrity. The position is responsible for researching and selecting the appropriate systems for the YWCA NCA’s needs, providing training and technical assistance to staff; and advancing a data-driven culture.
Program Data Collection and Reporting
- Ensure accuracy of programmatic data organization-wide, including learner demographic/contact info, attendance, assessments, goals and achievements.
- Ensure appropriate data is being collected, measured and communicated for accuracy of establishing baselines and gathering data for reporting program results.
- Provide on-going, high impact training and technical assistance to staff and YWCA partners.
- Develop a training manual/data handbook for YWCA staff and partners to ensure proper usage of the data systems.
- Work with program managers to ensure that student surveys are being conducted and entered in a timely manner.
- Direct student and graduate data follow-up
- Collect and track key data points related to the YWCA NCA’s areas of focus.
- Work with Chief Program Officer, Directors and Managers to design and develop data assessment projects, identify data sources and develop collection tools and instruments.
- Determine and implement procedures to increase and maintain data integrity.
- Support Chief Program Officer in preparing monthly, quarterly and bi-annual reports (including OSSE Monitoring Report, DOES, etc.)
- Create a monthly dashboard of key performance indicators to communicate progress towards goals and to inform decisions regarding service delivery. Ensure dissemination to all relevant stakeholders (staff, Leadership team and Board).
- Simplify complex data into meaningful summaries and translate key information into concise, simple and easily understandable charts.
- Manage data requests for organizational partners and YWCA NCA team members.
- Maintain fluency with emerging data management and data visualization technologies.
Program Outcomes and Evaluation
- Design and develop program outcome measures and evaluations based on prior program practice and identified best practices.
- Work in partnership with Chief Program Officer and program managers to create grant applications and grant reporting that monitor outcomes and focus on continuous improvement.
- Analyze program goals and objectives relative to outcomes for the purpose of evaluating program effectiveness, creating new programs, expanding existing programs, and increasing the organizations’ reach within its target market.
- Identify and collaborate with senior leadership on relevant outcomes to measure programmatic successes and areas for improvement.
- Identify and understand measurement approaches and specific key indicators for each individual program.
- Assess available program evaluation systems and tools and recommend the best available systems based on the needs of the YWCA.
- Assist in securing new and additional funding by providing tangible metric outcomes to engage key funders and demonstrate quantitative impact.
- Implement an outcome system to measure regional, state and local participation in national efforts.
- Regularly audit the system and case files to ensure the integrity of the data and support the success of the YWCA’s programs and mission.
- Attend all mandatory meetings, conferences and training required by all contracting agencies and YWCA/NCA.
- Understand and apply state and federal confidentiality regulations with regard to client records and correspondence.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a data management role preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Relevant experience in data collection, analysis and reporting; research, evaluation or quality assurance desired.
- Strong technical, analytical and statistical skills related to program planning and evaluation.
- Possess excellent project management skills with ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and complete assignments in a timely manner. Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills required.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to work independently, prioritize, organize, problem solve and exercise sound judgment with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to maintain objective, professional relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds including program participants, colleagues, supervisors and partners.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to manage confidential information with diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent communication (oral, written and listening) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation, training and facilitation skills required.
- Proficiency required in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and other related computer programs; ability to learn and teach new systems easily. Prior database management experience preferred.
- Prior experience using CRM software, Tableau, dashboards or other data visualization tools preferred.