Requisition ID: 16502
Job Function: Finance General (40000022)
About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world's 100 most innovative companies by Business Week magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Finance Manager opening to join our Operations organization in Amana, IA. Amana, Iowa is the North American location where Whirlpool's premium line refrigerators are built.
Reporting to the Controller, the Finance Manager is a key leadership position that directs and is responsible for the day to day Finance operations. This position ensures that all daily activities within the Finance Department are customer focused and performed in a manner consistent with achievement of the plant vision and its goals and objectives. This position is a key decision maker and escalation point for issues or decisions within your finance scope. You will collaborate with other support functions (Materials, Assembly, Human Resources, etc) to ensure they have their required financial metrics to ensure delivery of their budgetary commitments.
Has responsibility and accountability for these assigned areas within Finance:
- Budget Accountant
- World Class Manufacturing - Cost Deployment Specialist
- Associate Analyst
- Consistently ensures that area job responsibilities are timely and accurately carried out and nurtures a high level of teamwork and performance
- Accountable for World Class Manufacturing activities and the execution of activities defined in that process while championing lean through daily coaching.
- Has direct management responsibility in assigned area including employee relations, team building, performance management and professional development
- Demonstrated leadership through the development of Team Leaders in the area to help drive daily work and long-term improvements
- Assists in determining immediate and future manpower management, tooling and equipment requirements, SOX compliance, and daily, weekly, and annual financial needs.
- Ensure strict adherence to all Whirlpool manufacturing standards and methods
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience
- 5+ years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- 2+ years Fiat Chrysler Automobiles - World Class Manufacturing experience
- Ability to work autonomously with little oversight and make prudent and informed decisions, often quickly and with limited information
- Strong understanding of Lean principles, tools, and methodologies. Proven track record in driving continuous improvement via lean tools
- Proven ability to grow individual and organization competency through proactive coaching and mentoring
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, conflict resolution and team building skills
- Must value diversity of ideas, opinions, experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives needed to foster a competitive global business environment
- Strong computer skills including MS Office and Google
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We stay true to our philosophy that says good business begins by not following but leading. Our brands and products help people make the most of time so they can focus on making the most of moments that matter. At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about our company can be found at http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com . Follow us on LinkedIn or join the conversation @WhirlpoolCorp on Twitter.
Nearest Major Market: Cedar Rapids
Nearest Secondary Market: Iowa City
Job Segment: Social Media, Consulting, HR, Manager, Marketing Manager, Marketing, Technology, Human Resources, Management