Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 35,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
Do you want to make a difference? Are you passionate about emerging technology? If you are searching for a job where you can use the gift of innovative thinking, acquire a broad exposure to courseware design driven by passion, and become part of a rapidly growing education services business than this job is for you.
The Education Services group is comprised of world-class instructional designers who work with the product, support, services and education team to create amazing courseware for Blackbaud’s products. The Education Services group is seeking management talent that has the gift of innovative thinking, a broad exposure to instructional design driven by passion, and the expertise to a lead instruction design team pushing who are pushing the envelope on rapid courseware development. Among some of the most important skills the Instructional Design Manager must possess is leadership in their ability to motivate, inspire, and advise instructional design teams, as well as communication skills in their ability to clearly articulate their point of view, both to the teams they lead and to the clients with whom they regularly interface. The Instructional Design Manager must stay current on emerging technologies, current trends in courseware design, and education offerings and is always creating new ways to grow the education business.
- Lead the creation and execution of an education content strategy for our sales and marketing organization.
- Lead the design and development of learning deliverables such as interactive eLearning, tutorials, classroom and live-online training materials.
- Research and implement new and emerging technologies/processes to evolve Blackbaud’s courseware offerings, creating marketable offerings specific to non-profit clients.
- Evolve Blackbaud’s course design philosophy, tools, and processes to match the rapid development cycle of SaaS product release.
- Manage the organization's portfolio of course projects from inception and design phase to production and release.
- Implement and execute a project management system to scope, monitor, execute and report on courseware development projects.
- Lead the capacity planning process for the organization, aligning projects with capacity, and making prioritization decisions.
- Monitor and adjust as needed the profitability of individual courses, course lines, and overall education content to meet corporate profitability goals.
- Work across the organization with Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Professional Services and Customer Support to define educational offerings.
- Recruit, retain, and develop instructional designers, editors, and graphic designers capable of delivering high quality services.
- Assess the learning needs of target audiences, and align to learning maps / curricula.
- Mentor and training new and existing team members in design best practices.
- Incorporate industry best practices and techniques from a training and learning standpoint.
- Develop measures to assess the business impact of learning programs.
- Lead training efforts / plans for new education product introduction events.
- Bachelors or Masters in Education, Instructional Design, or Performance Technology
- 5+ years of experience developing courseware and self-paced training
- 3+ years of experience as a people manager and organization leader
- Experience leading an instructional design team for a for-profit education organization within a SaaS company
- Experience in leading large distributed teams both nationally and/or globally
- Experience working with an LMS (Cornerstone preferred) to deliver courseware.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop instructional designers
- Demonstrated mastery in learning theories and educational psychology
- Demonstrated ability in managing the P/L side of courseware development
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated learning consulting skills
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.