Job Title: Manager, MOCVD Reactor Development
Reports To: Sr. Manager, Engineering Development
About the team: The Engineering Development team is focused on creating the next generation of equipment and support tools for the production of high efficiency III-V solar cells for use in a wide variety of applications with the goal of enabling cost effective, high volume production of III-V thin film PV products.
What we need: The Engineering Development team is seeking a manager to lead the design, build, and process development of MOCVD reactors, qualifying our newest generation MOCVD tool for solar cell production. You will play a key role in ensuring that Alta Devices can produce high quality, high volume MOCVD in a scalable, cost effective manner. If the idea of taking an entirely new MOCVD system from its infancy to production readiness excites you, if you are a leader with strong communication skills, have strong problem-solving skills, and work well with a diverse group of people, we’d like to hear from you.
What You’ll do:
- Manage the team responsible for the development and qualification of a high volume MOCVD tool
- Manage the development of the support equipment necessary for running high volume MOCVD
- Recruit and lead a team of process engineers to validate the performance of the MOCVD process
- Plan and manage the budget for MOCVD development projects
- Coordinate the installation of MOCVD tools working with facilities, hardware, safety and maintenance teams
- Collaborate with our internal design team & external vendors to improve the design of our MOCVD tool
- Drive improvements for higher throughput, lower cost and higher yield
Skills You’ll Need:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in chemistry, physics, chemical engineering, or materials science
- 10+ years of experience with CVD or related equipment
- Strong understanding of MOCVD process, and relationship between process and hardware
- Ability to manage both direct reports and by influence
- Ability to work well with people from various backgrounds and cultures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.