AGCO, Your Agriculture Corporation, was founded in 1990. We offer a full product line of tractors, combines, hay tools, sprayers, forage, tillage equipment, implements and related replacement parts. AGCO products are sold under the core brands of Challenger®, Fendt®, Massey Ferguson® and Valtra®, and are distributed globally through more than 2,700 independent dealers and distributors, in more than 140 countries worldwide. AGCO also provides retail financing through AGCO Finance. AGCO is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia and employs 14,000 employees worldwide. In 2009, AGCO's net sales were $6.6 billion.
The AGCO Parts Division offers over 1.4 million parts to its customers around the world. We support the repair, maintenance and accessories needed for all AGCO brands, as well as, competitive farm equipment. Professional farmers count on AGCO Parts for consistent OEM quality, availability, competitive pricing and a valuable 12 month warranty. The AGCO Parts Division is located in Batavia, IL which is about 45 minutes outside of Chicago.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Manager, PDC plans, organizes and oversees the efficient operation of the warehouse. This position plans, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the operation of the Packaging Department. He/she establishes cost effective packaging specifications and procedures, negotiates contracts with contract packagers and suppliers, and purchases packaging supplies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plans, organizes, develops and directs the overall operation of the warehouse in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Plans, organizes, delegates and reviews the work of all employees assigned to the warehouse.
- Plans packaging department budget and conducts monthly reviews to ensure that the department is operating within established limits.
- Reviews all parts and establishes cost-effective, "handling efficient" packaging specifications and procedures.
- Ensures proper training for all employees for efficient warehouse operation.
- Conducts departmental meetings to monitor productivity and troubleshoot potential problems.
- Maintains required company records and other related documentation (i.e. Employee Attendance and Performance Records; Invoice Approvals and Budget Reviews).
- Monitors costs and efficiencies to ensure quality products and service.
- Advises and counsels the Assistant Warehouse Manager and Second Shift Supervisor and/or Warehouse Supervisors regarding productivity and performance issues as they arise.
- When job opportunities occur in the warehouse, conducts candidate interviews.
- Inspects work performed throughout the warehouse to ensure that quality standards are being met.
- Coordinates the work assignments
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Management or other related discipline is required.
- 3-5 years of relevant warehouse supervisory experience is required.
- Requires knowledge of agricultural parts, machinery and equipment, as well as applicable company operating procedures.
AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law .