Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Material Resource Planning Manager 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Madison, Alabama.
The Material Resource Planning (MRP) Manager 2 will perform various aspects of managing the day to day operations of the cradle to grave material organization. The MRP manager monitors key performance indicators, analyzes cost-to-serve performance data, and coordinates cross-functional work teams to increase effectiveness of supply chain initiatives.
Other responsibilities include:
- Provide functioning and operational advice to production and program management organizations for work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems
- Ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed to support multiple government contract deliverables.
- Develop and implement long-term supply chain strategies that address capacity issues, material flow, resource allocation, production location decisions, etc.
- Support ongoing production and business growth to facilitate execution of new programs and initiatives
- Provide direct support to proposal activities to include Production Volume / Section development and management, Basis of Estimate development, schedule development, BOM analysis, support to material and labor pricing
- Direct planners in daily MRP processes to support project requirements
- Actively participate in BOM reconciliation and material forecasting
- Process all demand load requests
- Lead cross functional teams in continuous improvement activities via established methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma and Kaizen.
- Gather data and generate monthly metrics reporting for Planning and Purchasing
- Coordinate activities with Design Engineering, Production Control personnel, project Program Manager, Purchasing and Material Stores personnel pertaining to project material acquisition
- Manages team of material resource planners to execute or support tasks below:
- Create and manage material masters to account for lead time, usage level, commodity, electronic, and other attributes to
ensure appropriate sourcing level and ensure consumption is performed
- Data entry for indentured and independent demand requests from manufacturing operations managers, defined stock
- Performs MRP based on demand-generated resource requirements current stock, production need dates, vendor lead
and material processing time
- Implement material transfers based on inventory levels, demand requirements, and production schedules across all
programs for commodity
- Manage, report, and resolve surplus and excess and residue material resources through pegging analysis and sector
- Task/Project/Program closeout coordination for surplus
Bachelor's degree plus 8 years' direct Materials Resource Planning (MRP) experience in a DoD manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing a team of up to 10 direct reports as part of a MRP team including performance appraisals and other activities.
- Experience supporting production related proposals in a DoD contracting environment. This experience must include technical writing input, BOE development, material pricing / procurement strategies, subcontract SOW development
- Working knowledge of MRP and ERP Systems to include management of full spectrum ERP activities from engineering bill of material development, make / buy analysis, procurement of DoD system materials, material storage, material kitting, and production control of material and material issues.
- Experience in collaborating with employees within a department and across functions
- Fluent with MS Office products Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Major or minor in Supply Chain Management or Logistics Management preferred
- Experience with ERP system in a medium to high volume, high mix manufacturing environment
- Lean Six Sigma Blackbelt certification
- Experience on programs with contract values greater than $50M and on multiple proposals in excess of $50M.
- Experience in Earned Value Management supporting multiple programs with contract values exceeding $25M
- Demonstrated experience managing material inventories in excess of $25M. This includes government and contractor furnished material in both hard and soft pegged inventories.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.