Creative Financial Staffing is working with an organization in the reinsurance industry that is looking to fill an opening for a Manager, Reinsurance Operations. The company was established in 2007 and is a successful consolidator of businesses and portfolios in run-off within the non-life insurance and reinsurance sector. Total assets are in excess of $5b and expects to grow rapidly over the next few years. They have offices in Bermuda, NY, CT, CO, CA and in Europe.
Why the Manager, Reinsurance Operations opportunity?
* Exposure to working with senior management.
* This position reports to the SVP and will oversee the reinsurance accounting and operations associated with several entitites.
* The company is in growth mode and continue to be poised for growth over the next few years
* Opportunity to manage a solid team
* Lead acquirer of businesses across the US and Europe
* Entrepreneurial atmosphere
* Excellent work environment
* Amazing benefits, including a very generous bonus and vacation time
The Manager, Reinsurance Operations responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Ensure proper accounting and record-keeping for the Assumed Reinsurance treaties
* Ensure all cash settlements are timely and accurate
* Research contract interpretations and special projects as needed
* Calculation of profit commission and reinstatement premiums
* Manage the insurance accounting systems and prepare monthly reports
* Responsible for billing, tracking and collection of reinsurance recoverable for the ceded operations
* Review and/or prepare general ledge journal entries and monthly account reconciliations
* Work with Controller to prepare detailed MD&A to be distributed to senior management
* Assist with on-boarding of acquired business creating work flows and controlled procedures
* Responsible for monthly/quarterly bordereaux preparation of comprehensive financial data to/from counterparties on business sold or acquired
* Ability to work collaboratively with IT and Actuarial staff to achieve common goals
* BS of Science in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
* 12+ years of experience; management experience preferred
* Strong assumed insurance and reinsurance accounting experience required
* Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel