At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides. We’re dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role
Manager/Senior Manager, Business Development
The Manager/Senior Manager, Business Development will serve as a supporting member of the Corporate & Business Development team, working in partnership with cross functional partners and the executive management team to drive and implement long term growth strategies for 10x. This position will play an important role in shaping and refining the company strategy, as well as be responsible for the evaluation and management of new and existing strategic business opportunities, initiatives, partnerships, and alliances in support of 10x’s growth.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
What you will be doing
- Support strategy development In conjunction with the team, drive development of long-term and short-term strategies to advance 10x Genomics’ positioning in the marketplace, and work with key stakeholders across the company to continuously enhance process for strategy development/strategic planning.
- Drive implementation of key initiatives Partner with key functions to drive successful execution and implementation of strategic priorities. Collaborate with business and functional leaders to ensure seamless hand-off of strategic initiatives.
- Support opportunity prioritization Collaborate with Strategic Marketing and R&D to build buy-in on corporate-level priorities. Analyze options, create scenarios and build recommendations that support business decisions.
- Execution of partnerships Source and effectively negotiate successful outcomes for potential commercial and strategic partnerships, collaborations, etc. Set the framework for, and construct innovative, value-creating “win-win” deals to meet 10x’s strategic and financial objectives, while interfacing with cross functional 10x team members such as Legal, Finance, Marketing, Sales, and R&D.
- Collaborate on market assessments Partner with Marketing to drive strategic market assessments across all business fields, regions, and customer segments in a structured manner.
- Drive and collaborate on valuation Partner with Marketing and Finance to build sophisticated models to help drive sound decisions for acquisition or partnerships. Own the model and present clearly to senior management.
To be successful, you will need:
- MBA with minimum 2+ years of experience in the life sciences, genomics, or biopharmaceutical industries. Advanced degree in genetics, genomics, or related field preferred.
- Excellent analytical, project management and organizational skills with the ability to make sound business judgments.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills as demonstrated by ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders.
- Energetic, resourceful self-starter with high integrity, strong executive presence and the ability to work effectively in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Flexibility to travel up to 25%.
- Please submit deal sheet together with resume.
Full training will be provided but, it would be fantastic if you already had:
- Experience in strategy consulting is desirable.
- Experience in business analytics and financial modeling supporting M&A is desirable.
- Experience drafting term sheets and negotiating contracts.
- Experience in complex deal structure within a team and working in a fast-paced matrix environment.
- Proficiency with scientific, technical and business acumen in genomics, NGS (next generation sequencing), and/or molecular diagnostics; oncology expertise (including immuno-oncology) strongly preferred.
About 10x Genomics
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 1,000 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.