The Manager, Strategic Business Operations will oversee all processes and operations of their assigned clients, and may have a broader scope and span of control than the Manager, Operations. The Manager, Strategic Operations will provide guidance and mentorship to the Manager, Operations on day-to-day operations within their assigned areas. In addition to overseeing all processes and operations of their assigned clients, they will be responsible for leading and managing the strategy of a functional area/core function within their expertise- e.g. training, cost containment, stop loss. They are responsible for policy implementation, education as well as meeting and exceeding operational metrics. The Manager will implement policies and procedures which pertain to the operations of their team, in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and guidelines. The Manager establishes, implements, and monitors personnel practices related to working hours, conduct while working, documentation of appropriate events, and when justified, disciplinary action and termination of personnel. In addition they will evaluate and maintain an adequate number of personnel to accomplish all operations’ related tasks for assigned clients. The Manager will plan, implement, and consistently review the financial performance of the assigned clients in collaboration with the Director, Client Services and Director, Operations.
- Bachelor's degree required. Associate Degree and an additional two (2) years of self-funded business experience or High School Diploma and an additional four (4) years of self-funded business experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Five (5) years of experience in a health insurance operations environment or related industry required. Experience with self-funded business highly preferred.
- Two years (2) years of progressive leadership/management responsibilities required.
- Ability to gather information, determine needs and provide solutions.
- Ability to leverage relationships to facilitate growth.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities and manage time effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally via the telephone as well as in person. Ability to communicate complex messages with a wide range of audiences on an internal and external basis.
- Ability to develop collaborative working relationships with brokers, employers and leadership.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving capabilities.
- Good public speaking/group presentation skills.
- Strong PC skills required including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel both locally and nationally approximately 10% of the time. Any Nova employee who uses a motor vehicle in the course of their duties representing Nova must be compliant with New York State Motor Vehicle laws and must follow the Policy that pertains to Driver’s License Requirements as a condition of employment.
- Proven examples of displaying Nova values: Passionate, Caring, Respectful, Trustworthy, Collaborative and Accountable.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, Independent Health and its affiliates will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law. Click here for additional EEO/AAP information