At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Manager, Test Inspection to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Azusa, CA.
This is a management role that will be accountable for the direct supervision/management of a Bargaining Unit Union Inspection staff responsible for determining compliance of Space Flight hardware to industry and Northrop Grumman specifications at the Azusa site.
- Accountable for the direct supervision/management of a Bargaining Unit Union Inspection staff responsible for determining compliance of Space Flight hardware to industry and Northrop Grumman specifications at the Azusa site
- Responsible for providing direction to subordinates based on general policies and management guidance to support program objectives including assigning objective oriented tasks to a non-exempt employee group
- Competence is required in general inspection techniques and theory for both mechanical and electronic assemblies including familiarity with IPC, J-STD and NASA workmanship standards
- Person must have excellent communication / interpersonal skills as frequent contacts with internal personnel, and outside customer representatives at various management levels concerning operations or scheduling is required.
- Candidate must also have the ability to prepare and conduct briefings and participate in technical meetings concerning operations
- Minimal travel may be required; no telework opportunities exist in this role
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.&; Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
- Bachelors’ Degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math)
- Familiarity with Inspection and Test techniques and Methodology
- Proficient in MS Office programs (MS Access, Excel, Word)
- Masters in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math)
- Proficient in SAP MRP system
- Proficient in SharePoint
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.