Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 68381BR Date posted 06/27/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If you aspire to work in a vibrant environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
We have a rare opportunity for a talented U.S. Compensation Manager to be based in E. Hartford, CT.
Do you wish you could put your expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do, this is part of our success in the Aerospace Industry.
We are seeking a Compensation Manager to join our Total Rewards organization. This position reports to the Sr Manager, Total Rewards and will be responsible for leading a team and providing consultative compensation services to assigned organizations (i.e. Engineering, etc.) within our company.
The Compensation Manager will deliver and manage Total Rewards programs to ensure consistency, compliance and alignment with the Total Rewards philosophy of Pratt & Whitney and United Technologies Corporation (UTC). You will partner with assigned client groups to understand key business challenges and organization needs, and communicate and implement HR programs that support business goals and deliver results. You will also partner with external vendors and will work in collaboration with the Total Rewards organization for UTC. Other responsibilities include:
- Administration and data analysis of annual salaried merit programs, conducting competitive market analysis, compression or internal equity analysis, and review off-cycle market adjustments, promotions, etc.
- Actively participate in development, administration, and communication of variable incentive pay programs -Collaborate with business leaders, Finance and Human Resource partners on relevant compensation issues, education around compensation pay philosophy, pay practices and transparency to better execute UTC's and P&W's business strategies - lead other potential Total Rewards projects such as union negotiations, ad-hoc market surveys, voluntary/involuntary restructuring. Role may support U.S. merger and acquisition activity related to Total Rewards
The person who can be the right fit for this career opportunity is a high-energy self-starter seeking a key leadership role within a dynamic, complex, fast paced business. You should be dedicated to working in a team environment and have strong analytical, interpersonal, organization, and written/oral communication skills. Business-focused and detail oriented, and have impeccable ethics and integrity.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree
- 5+ years of experience in employee compensation, finance, statistics, or math
- US Person (Citizen or Permanent Green Card Holder) due program requirements
- Master's Degree
- Technical knowledge of U.S. compensation practices and trends, merit, and data analysis Advanced analytical and technical skills and ability to critically review, summarize, and report findings
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Access database management system
- Workday software system
- Initiative, creativity, along with the ability to craft clear communications both written and verbally
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Multi-tasking abilities, have a client focus, adaptive, and work effectively in a time sensitive and vibrant environment
Degree in Human Resources, Finance, Mathematics, Business Administration or other related field or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced Degree and minimum of 3 years of experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.