Blount International, Headquartered in beautiful Portland Oregon has a unique opportunity for an Engineering leader with experience in progressive die design.
Blount designs, builds and maintains world class tooling at our Portland location which supports our vertically integrated manufacturing sites on 3 continents. Our progressive tooling is known for its reliability, productivity, and precision which enterprise-wide, is used to produce tens of millions of precision components every day. This high visibility and high impact position leads the team responsible for tooling design globally within Blount’s Forestry Lawn and Garden (FLAG) Global Manufacturing Technology Team.
We are committed to excellence in our people, products, performance, and profits. We believe our team members are the foundation of our Company's success, and we are committed to continuous improvement and learning, exceptional quality, connecting with our customer, and good relationships with our team members.
As a subject matter expert and seasoned people leader, this position directs all tooling design for new product launches, R&D activity, continuous improvement, operational expansion, and sustaining operations.
Within the FLAG Global Manufacturing Technology Team, which includes Tooling Design and Build, Machine Design and Build and Process Engineering, this position is expected to have direct and meaningful impact on future manufacturing technology strategy within the FLAG business.
As engineering owner of one of Blount’s core manufacturing technologies, this position is expected to collaborate very closely within both sustaining and R&D engineering functions and to be deeply integrated in to early R&D technology development in order to continue to deliver market-leading products produced at optimized quality, cost, and uptime.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Lead the design and development of effective tooling to support global manufacturing processes.
- Collaborates throughout the company to develop and implement plans for the needed systems and skills.
- Links current and future capabilities to support product and technology roadmaps.
- Leads team’s policy deployment in alignment with Blount’s strategic planning.
- Champions department projects and partnerships.
- Drives Engagement: Structures work so that it aligns with Team Members goals and motivators and makes connection to organization’s overall goals. Creates a positive and motivating work environment.
- Develops Talent: Places a high priority on developing others. Aligns Team Member career development goals with organizational objectives.
- Optimizes Work Processes: Identifies and creates the processes necessary to get work done. Designs process and procedures that allow managing from a distance. Seeks ways to improve processes from small tweaks to complete re-engineering.
- Manages Complexity: Asks the right questions to accurately analyze situations. Readily distinguishes between what’s relevant and what’s unimportant to make sense of complex situations.
- Provide strategic leadership as part of the FLAG global manufacturing technology leadership team.
- Bachelors of Science Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent discipline required.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 3+ years’ experience in leading a tooling design team
- Extensive experience designing high precision progressive stamping tooling.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communications skills
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in problem solving
- Ability to take ownership, a willingness to implement new ideas and concepts, and effectively manage a team and projects
ABOUT BLOUNT INTERNATIONAL, INC:
Blount is a global manufacturer and marketer of replacement parts, equipment, and accessories for consumers and professionals operating primarily in two market segments: Forestry, Lawn, and Garden (“FLAG”); and Farm, Ranch, and Agriculture (“FRAG”). Blount also sells products in the construction markets and is the market leader in manufacturing saw chain and guide bars for chain saws. We also supply original equipment manufacturers (OEM) with cutting attachments.
Blount’s global manufacturing and distribution footprint includes manufacturing, sales, and distribution facilities in the United States, Canada, Japan, Brazil, China, and Europe. Blount offers products under the brand names OREGON®, Carlton®, Woods®, KOX, SpeeCo®, ICS®, and Pentruder. For more information, visit www.blount.com
Blount will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.