Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 35,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
We are looking for a dynamic, high-performing Manager of Enterprise Engineering within our Infrastructure & Operations team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to oversee the design, analysis, implementation of enterprise technology including Office 365, Directory Services, Public and Private Cloud, Enterprise Voice, and Call Center. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute our strategy and implement defined technology. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think and execute strategically about business, products, and technical challenges as it aligns with our cloud strategy.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Oversee and develop staff of 5+ engineers including supporting career development, employee engagement, time approval, staffing and quarterly reviews
- Oversee Offshore resources and 3rd party vendors
- Coordinate the work activities of the cloud engineering team including managing the day-to-day work execution
- Partner with products teams (RDO) to design and implement standards within the file storage, file transfer, domains, and virtual desk areas
- Define, monitor and implement business activity monitoring as it relates to services offered by the cloud engineering team
- Ensure team activities are well coordinated and that projects are completed within deadlines and budgets as well as definition of SLA for all support services
- Remain acutely aware of public cloud offerings, capabilities, and limitations
- Drive deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud followed with executing and implementing resulting solutions
- Partner with Security functions to ensure architecture aligns with security standards
- Develop, implement and review standard operating procedures and work practice that focus on standardization and continuous improvement
- Develop roadmaps for platforms that align with the IT Strategy
- Develop stakeholder relationships, working with teams across the business to ensure upstream and downstream processes exist to support meeting SLAs and OLAs
- Research, evaluate and recommend new technology that provides increase performance and reliability.
- Create and maintain high-quality documentation of all relevant specifications, systems, and procedures.
- Utilize technical understanding to translate technical requirements and specifications into easily understood business concepts and vice versa
Skills / Qualifications
- College degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Systems Management
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Strong communication skills and successful history of leading via influence
- The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud deployment.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources
- Significant experience in migrating substantial on-premise workloads to the cloud
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
- Significant experience in an O365 engineering, support, or administration role specifically Email, Sharepoint, MFA, and other O365 tools
- 2+ years building and managing technical teams of individuals
- 2+ years relevant experience in an IT engineering, support or administration role supporting Linux, Java, Open Source, and/or common web applications
- Deep knowledge of IAAS and PAAS offerings preferably with Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Previous experience managing / working with 3rd party service providers
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.