Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis
The Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis will be responsible for the development, coordination and management of the annual budget and forecasting process for the IPA, MSO and health plan segment of the Company. This includes the preparation and analysis of actual to budget/forecast variance reports, analyzing current and past trends in key performance areas highlighting the causes of unexpected variances and the development of ad-hoc reports to support the business and department as needed. The position will also be responsible for determining the contribution margin for management contracts, which includes the analysis of direct and indirect operating costs.
- Manage all FP&A functions including but not limited to annual budgeting, forecasting, analysis of actual to budget and forecast. budget will include but not limited to Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Capital Projects, and Consolidate Statements.
- Manage preparation and presentation of complete and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end financial results package comparing budget to actual.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance areas highlighting trends and analyzing the causes of unexpected variances.
- Develop ad-hoc reports to support the business segments and departments as needed.
- Prepare and present discussion points and supporting analysis.
- Identifying and presenting key business unit metrics.
- Enhancing and producing weekly, monthly and annual metric measurement reporting for the Company.
- Support the annual planning process at the Company from a statistical and financial level.
- Identify and track significant contractual arrangements and capture in forecasts, including cost saving initiatives (medical and operating expense vendor contracts or changes in utilization patterns); and revenue enhancement initiatives (HCC revenue, HP rate negotiations).
- Evaluate gross profit margins on existing and new business opportunities.
- Identify areas of operational improvements.
- Assist in execution and monitoring of operational improvement action items.
- Develop, implement and maintain internal controls and department policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Health Plans, governmental agencies, SOX and SEC standards.
- Create annual performance goals for staff and providing growth opportunities through guidance, education and training.
- Perform other special assignments, projects and tasks as requested.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent education and experience
Minimum Experience: Five (5) plus year’s prior experience in Financial Planning and Analysis managerial role, preferably within a healthcare or managed services environment and publicly traded company. Strong financial background with comprehensive knowledge of accounting theory, practice and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Experience establishing FP&A processes for multiple entities and an understanding of internal controls and SOX and SEC compliance.
Req. Certification/Licensure: None.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
Job Type: Full-time