MANAGER OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Halkey-Roberts Corporation views Human Resources as a critical part of its continued success. The department leader will not only manage the day-to-day function of the Human Resources department, but will also be a key participant in formulating strategy for the business. Therefore, this position calls for a person who can be a leader to the organization in addition to their role as the leader of the HR department. Strategic responsibilities include organizational development, change management, and advising the President on investing in the continuous development of talent. Day-to-day responsibilities include recruitment, benefits administration, employee training, compensation administration, and general employment issues.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Aligns business and people strategies to drive business growth and performance; works with Senior Management to prioritize the organization’s capability needs and initiatives.
- Tactically and strategically manages development process; drives implementation of company-wide initiatives – including performance management, talent management, change management, succession planning and other relevant HR and organizational development initiatives as identified; identifies and addresses knowledge, competency and talent gaps.
- Works with leadership team to promote and establish cultural norms throughout the organization.
- Empathetic person who serves as the face of the company to employees of diverse backgrounds and education levels.
- Oversees and drives solutions in compensation, recruitment, talent management and other areas as identified. Augments internal HR resources with outside consulting firms as deemed necessary.
- Oversees day-to-day HR processes and systems, to include management of personnel records, policies and procedures compliance, employment, performance management, employee selection, promotion and placement, new hire orientation, and monthly reporting.
- Defines and develops ongoing training needs, to include establishing guidelines and measurements. Must have background in coaching line managers.
- In coordination with corporate leadership, develops and administers total compensation program; establishes guidelines; creates and implements reward and recognition processes; administers employment terms and job offers for internal equity; manages overall hiring process.
- Establishes communication methodology for employees and management.
- Maintains company policies and procedures; updates and communicates as needed. Updates and maintains job descriptions as necessary.
- Ensures compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations; develops training programs and communication methodology on new regulations as necessary; conducts audits for compliance as necessary; develops disciplinary policies and action processes to ensure compliance.
- Oversees and directs termination policies and procedures.
- Oversees and monitors occupational health and worker’s compensation issues. Significant involvement and participation in setting direction for safety.
- Provides regular reports to President as requested.
- Performs other duties and special assignments as required or directed.
- Acts in the best interest of the company in any and all business situations.
Virtually self-supervising, operates without appreciable direction, exercises considerable latitude in determining the management of assignments. Generally reviewed on final results. Few exceptions require President’s approval.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years concentrated experience as an experienced leader and previous top level human resource executive with industrial manufacturing experience. The specific industry experience is not as important as the quality of the personnel experience and organizations in their background. Additional qualifications include:
- An organized and self-directed individual who is knowledgeable, well rounded and a team player.
- Articulate and resourceful individual who relates well to all members of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- Excellent facilitator who is experienced in resolving conflicts between different parties in a dispute.
- A decisive individual who possesses a strong strategic focus with a detail-oriented perspective as well as effective and timely operational tactical implementation capability.
- An individual who is creative, personally motivated, highly energetic, a self-starter and has the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
Compensation will be made attractive to qualified individuals and will consist of a competitive base salary, bonus eligibility and a comprehensive benefits package.