Plans layout, installs, and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment, such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels, fastening in place with screws or bolts, using hand tools and power tools. Reports to: Supervisor, Production
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Calculate bending radius and install ridged conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as robots, conveyors, and
- Knowledge and experience of programmable logic controllers. (PLC)
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Calculate power factor for transformers, motors, electrical heaters, wire sizes, and fuse sizes using OHM Law formulas.
- Tests malfunctioning machinery to diagnose malfunction.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and motors, and position sensing devices.
- Troubleshoot and repair/replace faulty electronic components.
- Plans and executes layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, cable trays, and armored cables according to electrical schematic, wiring diagram, and mechanical drawings.
- Diagnoses and replaces faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned.