Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 68539BR Date posted 06/27/2018 City North Berwick State Maine Country US
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be a part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team, you will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Are you an engineering superstar? Do you desire to join a leader in the aerospace industry? Look no further!!
- Interpretation of approved technical data such as B/P's, Web Assembly drawings, Table of limits, QAD's, PWA Specs etc., which will flow down into process work instructions.
- Ability to successfully perform FECC/FCCA and controlled builds
- Familiarity with Write In's, SWAPs, and Work Order processes
- Comprehension in temperature differential calculations, torque process and basic assembly processes
- Ability to create, modify and update work instructions in both HMS and Solumina
- Review tool designs, mark-up prints, issue request forms, track tool changes and corrections.
- Perform the necessary gage correlations.
- Create, Modify and update Temporary assembly processes
- Support and assist in TAT reductions, On-Time Delivery Goals and ergonomic improvements.
- Review Engineering Hold items and provide floor support daily and resolve proper course of action.
- Develop new equipment, process and troubleshoot problem operations
- Implement process certification per technical requirements
- May require off-shift coverage based on business requirements.
- Ability to use Teamcenter for Model reviews of Modules, BOM Configuration confirmation and engineering change review/validation
- Read, write, speak and understand English
Basic Qualifications -
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering field
- 2+ years of engineering experience
Preferred Qualifications -
- Bachelor Degree in Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering
- The position requires you to demonstrate a high level of proficiency in the application of continuous improvement tools: process certification, Standard Work, RCCA, DIVE Processes and set-up reduction are examples of the continuous improvement skills required.
- Experience and knowledge of assembly processes, CAD experience
- Be self-motivated, and be flexible in schedule and function.
- Good interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to lead multiple priorities
- Familiarity with SAP, Teamcenter, HMS and Solumina for Assembly
Education: Bachelor's Degree in a Engineering Field
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.