Responsible for providing equipment and processes designed to enable Operations to effectively meet and exceed Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost targets. Assure process characteristics are identified and developed using rigorous statistical methods and are incorporated into Control Plans as related to Quality defined product characteristics. Be the primary technical leader and subject matter expert for assigned core processes.
- Lead direct problem solving activities to ensure processes are stable and in control
- Develop and monitor process KPIs to identify areas for process improvement
- Execution of work as outlined in a Work Plan
- Execution to other daily duties as outlined on a Standard Work document
- Work with cross-functional teams across plant and organization
- Communicate relevant technical information including projects & results to all levels of the organization
- Secure commitment from the important stakeholders and ensuring critical decisions are taken in due time
- Drive efficiency improvements through Continuous Improvement methodology
- Support the customers (internal and external) in production process issues through expertise on problem solving methods, including the delivery of training to necessary personal.
- Responsible for the documentation and design for all jigs and fixtures in assigned area.
- Responsible for documenting (and maintaining) work instructions (including: setup / changeover), control plans, and SPC charts. Documents to be maintained at the equipment.
- Ensure that all new or redesigned production systems have safety protocols and interlocks that meet or exceed OSHA requirements.
- Lead new product / component launches to ensure IPPAP requirements are met.
- Assist with providing functional leadership for the plant's Lean agenda at assigned site(s)
- Identify improvement opportunities in productivity, material consumption, other operation expenses, quality, safety, space utilization, and inventory reduction
- Plan, propose, and execute value stream mapping and team-based continuous improvement events to execute process improvements
- Train and build capability in all levels of organization regarding lean enterprise
- Ongoing support and advancement of APS principles and practices across the plant and in direct area of responsibility.
- Constantly promote, educate, and instill culture of identification and elimination of waste throughout the plant within manufacturing areas.
- Ensure that Lean activities and projects are linked such that the entire value stream is addressed and maximum benefit is extracted from Lean activities.
- Support APS initiatives.
Employees are responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, policies and procedures. Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Comply with all safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) and report any defective PPE.
- Report all near-misses, incidents, injuries, illnesses, including mobile equipment or property damage.
- Participation in the site Safety and Health Program.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical Engineering or related field.
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrated ability to produce results through process optimization and improvements
- Strong Computer Skills including: MS Office, Visio, Auto-Cad or Pro-E
This position has no direct reports.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions in the work environment. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or craw and frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands or arms. The employee must be able to stand for up to extended periods of time.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must occasionally wear personal protective equipment (i.e. eye protection, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, sleeves, etc.)
Minimal travel is expected for this position.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GSI is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law .
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.