- Plans, directs, and coordinates new and existing manufacturing equipment and implementation projects.
- Designs, implements and troubleshoots process improvements and machinery.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials or parts and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Confers with management, engineering, and all other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Investigation process designs for improving performance or other factors, or to obtain data for improvement.
- Sets up and conducts tests of complete units and components under operations conditions to investigate design proposals for improving performance or other factors, or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
- Assists in the formulation of overall objectives, policies, plans and programs and provides technical and specialized functional services and recommendations for carrying them out.
- Provides technical advice and counsel to maintenance and other professionals.
- Determines feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing facilities considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning and other technical and economic factors.
- Reviews proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or modernization of existing production/processing equipment.
- Designs, creates and documents tools, subsystems and enhancements to existing machinery and equipment.
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, workflow and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- BS Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering preferred.
- 4-7 years’ experience in manufacturing.
A minimum of 4 years of professional experience with a strong emphasis in the following areas:
- Design and development of automatic production lines, special machines, equipment, and tools.
- New equipment development, implementation and start-up, knowledge of process control, knowledge of tool and equipment procurement.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Proficient in AutoCAD with the ability to complete detailed drawings. Knowledge of Creo (formerly Pro-E) a plus.
- Demonstrated strong and positive interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer improvement ideas to staff and department heads.
- Familiarity with modern manufacturing concepts such as: lean manufacturing, Kaizen, TPM, OEE, SPC, one-piece flow, and value stream mapping.
- Knowledge of PLC systems
- And any other duties as assigned