Manufacturing Engineer I
Primary Location – Greer, SC
V-Soft Consulting is an end-to-end recruiting and staffing solution provider known for our ability to provide highly qualified consultants for any project at any scale.
What makes us different? Our expertise is derived from over 20 years of delivering world-class IT staffing, consulting, engineering and managed services to Fortune 1000 and mid-market companies in the U.S., Canada, and Asia. V-Soft is a trusted partner with experience across diverse technology stacks to help business get IT done.
Like what you hear? Apply with V-Soft today!
V-Soft Consulting is currently hiring for a Manufacturing Engineer I for our premier client in Greer, SC. This is an ongoing, open-ended contract position in the automotive industry.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Education and Experience »
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering preferred), OR a Bachelor’s Degree and the equivalent of 2 years’ related engineering experience, OR an Associate’s Degree in Engineering and the equivalent of 2 years related engineering experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in an engineering environment or participation in an engineering internship (automotive process or automotive manufacturing engineering preferred)
- Experience in assembly and functionality of vehicle systems (electrical, mechanical, modular and diagnostic preferred)
- Intermediate long and short-term project management experience (structure projects, continuous improvement, process analysis and new model)
- Working experience as a production engineer
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities »
- Basic knowledge of TS-4 (Assembly) department goals and objectives
- Intermediate problem investigation and data analysis skills
- Intermediate cross functional communication skills
- Intermediate proficiency in using Microsoft office applications
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Ability to use and apply statistical methods to aid with process analysis
- Ability to use quality planning tools
- Ability to coordinate with multiple departments to plan and execute upgrades
- Ability to serve as a project manager at times to develop timelines, complete risk analyses, and steer purchasing
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Job Responsibilities »
- Responsible for multiple aspects of production planning, including parts, logistics, coordination, purchasing and timelines
- Plan and/or lead engineering changes and deviations for assembly
- Develop, evaluate and improve assembly process and process methods utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication process, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods and quality control standards
- Create and maintain assembly process sheets
- Analyze and plan space requirements and workflow, and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency
- Confer with finance, procurement, design staff and vendors concerning product design, process tools, fixtures and equipment to ensure efficient production methods and to arrange for purchase of equipment, materials or parts
- Evaluate product according to specifications and quality standards
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decisions
- Confer with management, engineering and other staff regarding assembly capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future assembly requirements and potential
- Lead any special projects and/or self-initiated projects for continuous improvement, structural planning and/or other series and new model related planning projects
- Provide specialized technical guidance, training, process improvement activities and support to assigned process area and production associates
- Assist with analysis on process and quality issues not solvable by production areas
- Perform other duties as assigned