JOB TYPE: Full-time, Direct Hire
LOCATION: Holt, Michigan
JOB SUMMARY FOR Manufacturing Engineer:Array
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR Manufacturing Engineer:
- Develop advanced engineering documentation – Process Flow, Product Assembly Documents, Process FMEA, Base Labor analysis and monthly reporting.
- Plan Alpha /Beta activities – sourcing & planning of tooling /equipment, support build events.
- Participate and follow up on PDP activities.
- Support Customer activities for wall walks, design reviews and implementation of key strategies.
- Support quoting activity
- Review SOR, BOM, develop assembly process, labor analysis, develop tooling line up, develop equipment line up, develop facility layouts and support costing group activities.
- Support Continuous Improvement activities.
- Document Risk and Action Plans.
- Work with DRE teams on product development-DFMEA, DFM/DFA, Tech Reviews, Defining process.
- Develop new assembly and error proofing technologies.
- Quote and follow up new tooling and equipment.
- Participate in planning and budgeting activity.
- Support Product/Program transitions with current production engineering staff.
- Support Process Engineering with major engineering changes as required.
- Document all activities as required.
- Adhere to all company guidelines for Emergency Evacuation to ensure employee safety.
- Any additional responsibility deemed necessary by management. Limits of Authority
- Advise Department Manager of those situations that may pose a significant risk to the program, product assurance, facilities, employee safety or customer satisfaction results.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance relating to product, process & systems.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process or system.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through the appropriate channels and verify implementation.
- Control further processing and delivery of nonconforming product until the deficiency is corrected.
- Quote / negotiate pricing and timing from vendors for equipment and tooling.
- Initiate project RFQ’s for approvals.
JOB EXPERIENCE FOR Manufacturing Engineer:
- 5 years related experience in manufacturing and assembly operations.
- 1 year assembly tooling experience or equivalent combination or education and experience.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS FOR Manufacturing Engineer:
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft applications and Auto Cad.
- Knowledge and understanding of Core tool application (AIAG).
- Good mechanical / technical skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality on products, services and processes.
- Possess excellent leadership abilities, organizational and communication skills
Why should you choose Epitec?
We started Epitec with a single focus, Placing People First. Knowing every good endeavor begins with listening and understanding, we’ve set about challenging every part of the employment process. Bringing the proper connections together for the perfect fit.
How is Epitec different?
Epitec gets to know our prospective employees, using these insights to locate the perfect placement for you. We are there, every step of the way. Providing a best-in-class compensation package combined with the opportunity to grow financially and personally through your work.
What is the result?
Epitec represents the world’s top companies and works to fill their open jobs with the world’s best talent. That’s led to Epitec servicing an impressive list of Fortune 100 companies. We’ve also won many awards, including eleven 101 Best & Brightest awards, four MMSDC A.C.E. Awards, multiple Crain’s awards and multiple Corp! magazine diversity awards. And that’s just the beginning, as we work to innovate the way the world thinks about employment.