Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer• Evaluating and proving out manufacturing processes supporting new product design efforts
• Identifying process parameters and assessing process capability for new materials and designs
• Design for manufacturability and design to cost evaluations included in the project deliverables.
• Design, develop, implement, and improve safe and environmentally responsible manufacturing processes; Uses MESH (Eaton Environmental, Safety and Health process), and other Eaton and industry standard practices, Design tooling utilizing 3D modeling software and drafting; Equipment selection and design Identifying and optimizing process parameters; Design to cost and design for manufacturing analysis (Lean/Six Sigma focus).
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer• Associates Degree in engineering or related sciences, or equivalent certification from an accredited institution
• Minimum of two years equivalent experience or 4 years' experience working in a technical / laboratory setting without degree or certification.
• Knowledge of test equipment operation, machine hydraulics, data acquisition and inspection equipment.
• A broad knowledge of test machines and instruments
• As an ITAR facility, this position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Benefits• Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.