Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co. is a world leader in the manufacture of fire sprinklers and related system valves as well as a major distributor of a full line of fire sprinkler system components and fabricated piping solutions to the fire sprinkler industry since 1920. Today, Reliable is in its fourth generation of Fee Family leadership and has many employees who have served more than 25 years, enhancing its family atmosphere and its ability to offer significant stable, long-term career opportunities.
Are you interested in being part of team who plays a crucial role of the fire protection industry's goal of saving lives and reducing property damage? We have an opportunity for you!
The Manufacturing Engineer improves the cost and quality of the manufacturing processes, products, and components for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading projects to improve cost and quality of the manufacturing processes, products, and components
- Investigates and resolves work-in-process problems
- Recommends and implements improvements and/or modifications in sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and related matters
- Monitors assigned operations to assure compliance with approved methods and quality standards
- Reviews proposals for outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or modernization of existing production/processing equipment
- Develops and maintains manufacturing documentation per company standards
- Works with Product Engineering to help facilitate creation or modifications to manufacturing processes for new product designs
- Effectively coordinates new manufacturing processes, production releases and engineering changes on existing equipment
- Manages Capital projects from inception through turnover for Production.
- Promote a safe workplace by performing all tasks in a safe and thoughtful manner in compliance with all rules, procedures, instructions, devices, equipment and use of appropriate personal protective equipment. Maintain vigilance for any hazardous conditions or practices in the workplace and immediately report any unsafe condition or practice to your supervisor.
- Performs other duties as directed
Skills and Competencies
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Works systematically and logically to resolve problems
- Excellent project management ability
- Prioritize and complete a variety of tasks in a timely manner
- Strong self-motivation skills
- Possess strong commitment to a team environment while working well with others
- Working knowledge of automated machines and processes
- Demonstrates an understanding of computers and relevant software application which includes SPC, Vison & Measurement Systems, PLC programming, and general assembly equipment
- Skilled in identifying the root cause in automation technologies by using sensing, measurement, handling etc. and delivering timely solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Creo, and PLC Software
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- The physical environment requires the employee to occasionally work in a climate controlled manufacturing environment.
- Ability to be punctual and attend work on a regular and consistent basis
- The person in this position needs to wear appropriate safety clothing and shoes when needed. This includes a need for safety glasses, gloves etc.
- Must be able to stand for most of the day which equates to 90% of the time
- Occasionally will be expected to lift material not to exceed 40 pounds
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or Related Field
- 3 + years of Manufacturing Experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reliable Automatic Sprinkler., Inc. recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.