Manufacturing Eng. for Milgard Windows and Doors
As part of Milgard’s Continuous Improvement Cultural Initiative, we are in need of a strong Manufacturing Engineer in our Simi Valley, California manufacturing facility. This 400+ employee facility manufactures all of Milgard’s window products – from Vinyl to Fiberglass – presenting many complex and interesting engineering dynamics and scenarios to focus on! This position will supervise the plant Maintenance Department, consisting of seven Maintenance Technicians.
We are desirous of an individual who has:
- 5 - 10 years of solid manufacturing engineering experience in a busy, complex manufacturing environment.
- TPM experience (Total Productive Maintenance)
- Experience developing and deploying “Poka Yoke” tools.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing or Industrial engineering.
- Sense of urgency and self-motivation; ability to work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to present to middle management.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Some of the key activities and responsibilities of this position will be:
- Conduct manufacturing engineering assignments to develop and document new methods, work process designs, cost estimates and to resolve engineering problems involved in the manufacturing of current and future products.
- Observe manufacturing operations through a series of detailed steps or processes, collect, correlate data and implement process improvements.
- Determine appropriate manufacturing processes for new products, with a focus towards identifying ways to take costs out of the product and process.
- Work with our equipment suppliers to define appropriate equipment requirements and performance standards for current and future products.
- Establish work measurement programs and analyze work samples to develop standards for labor utilization.
- Analyze work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Recommend methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
At Milgard Windows & Doors, we’re committed to Respect for the Individual, delivering outstanding Service to our Customers, and pursuing Excellence in all we do. These foundational principles have kept us growing since our founding in the 1960s. In 2001 Milgard was proud to join the Masco family of companies, joining such prestigious brands as Delta Faucet and Behr Paints. We want to grow talent from within and will provide opportunities for your own personal development and career growth, based on your individual contributions and results.
Visit www.milgard.com/careers - watch the videos of our employees and hear directly from then what it’s like to work here – and then submit your resume for our respectful review and consideration.