Nuvera Fuel Cells is an alternative-power technology company focused on fuel cell stacks and related systems, on-site hydrogen production and dispensing systems for both commercial end-users and OEMs. Located in the U.S. and Europe, Nuvera manufactures hydrogen supply and fuel cell power products designed for efficiency, safety, and productivity.
Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC is a subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Group, Inc., which designs, engineers, manufactures, sells, and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally primarily under the Hyster® and Yale® brand names. Hyster-Yale Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. (NYSE:HY). Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. and its subsidiaries, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, employ approximately 5,400 people worldwide.
We are seeking an Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join our team. This role will provide leadership & direction to the Manufacturing Process Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing & Production Automation Engineering, ECN processes, BOM management, DFT process ownership and Maintenance function for Hydrogen generation & Robot manufacturing equipment. Also, will develop and implement strategies to ensure the long term success of this facility and the company by reducing product cost, product lead times and achieving best in class quality standards. Also to determine and control departmental budgets and Capital Expenditures with the goal of surpassing AOP targets while achieving overall improvements within the facility.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Plan and control departmental budgets and capital expenditures. Set AOP for each and monitor regularly through the year to ensure compliance to the plan. Review monthly and forecast quarterly to finance department for inclusion in overall plant forecast. Review performance against plan of capital projects.
- Direct and facilitate departmental activities on all major projects through the year. Develop project planning and control tools to achieve cost effective seamless introductions.
- Oversee the daily activities of the Manufacturing Engineering & maintenance departments, improving safety, layout, processes, quality, costs, productivity, etc.
- Direct the introduction of DFT standards into the Billerica facility to meet Corporate objectives without impacting production performance. Identify and provide required training for all employees.
- Maintain production equipment and company assets in line with Company policy, State and federal Regulations.
- Maintain good employee relations and morale by good communications.
Required Job Qualifications (unless otherwise noted):
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering or equivalent technical degree required.
- MS in Engineering, Management, IT or equivalent technical degree preferred.
- PMP certification desired.
Previous Work Experience
- 7 – 10 years of relevant industry experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the application of lean (DFT) manufacturing principles.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience implementing/supporting automated operations.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Manufacturing Engineering, NPI Engineering, or Project Management.
Special Skills, Experience and Abilities
- Strong leadership/motivation skills to effectively lead different people with different abilities and character traits.
- Ability to plan and execute capital budgets, PARs and negotiations.
- Demonstrated successes in leading teams and large scale projects to drive process improvements for quality or cycle time reduction.
- Ability to multi-task, learn and adapt in a fast-past manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in configuration management and product structures/BOM. Auditing training, DFT process control and improvement experience.
- Experience in 8D, 6 Sigma, or other standard problem solving methodologies Formal education/training or on the job experience.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing documentation and ISO 9000 requirements. Understanding of EHS laws and requirements. Understanding of OHSA and EPA laws and requirements.
- Ability to create decision prompting presentations for senior leadership.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal with a strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, AutoCAD, Solid Works, Agile E6, ProE, and Visio.
Physical requirements/Work environment
- 75% Shop-floor and laboratory work environment, 25% office environment
- Ability to lift components weighing up to 35 lbs. is required.
- May be required to sit or stand for prolonged periods, as needed
Up to 20%