Esterline Technologies Corporation
Manufacturing Operations Manager, Esterline Defense Technologies
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Defense Technologies, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, is the world’s foremost developer and supplier of expendable countermeasures, used to protect aircraft from missile threats.
Company Name: Esterline Defense Technologies, a subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 56
Title: Manufacturing Operations Manager
Job Family: Operations/Engineering
Reports to: Director of Operations
Works with: Upper Management, Supervisors, Engineers, Maintenance and Assembly/Machine Operators
Location: Lillington, NC, USA
Type: Full Time
The Manufacturing Operations Manager will be overseeing the entire manufacturing
and engineering operation, responsibilities include, managing employees KPI's, maintaining
production goals and design/development of new products. They will be tasked with
implementing all cost reduction and process improvement programs.
• Provide “hands on” leadership and direction to production staff.
• Responsible for manufacturing engineering operations, generates Bills of Material and Labor for Estimating, creates machine setups, develops manufacturing methods for new products.
• Oversees and coordinates general engineering operations.
• Shift or redirect resources to accommodate changing priorities in order to support customer demand and on time delivery requirements.
• Implements and manages process that ensure high quality products are delivered on time.
• Develop and direct a diverse team that will play a key role in meeting on time delivery and superior quality.
• Participates in SIOP to help maintain daily, weekly, monthly production schedules
• Manage annual budget requirements (equipment, people, and training).
• Define and implement standard work methods along with appropriate training and discipline to ensure consistency
• Model a “bias for action” while demonstrating a detailed understanding of current manufacturing practices. Demonstrate the importance of delivering the highest quality products, on time, while managing cost and inventory.
• Ensure adoption of the Esterline Operating System (EOS) throughout the North Carolina operation – lead Lean /Continuous Improvement activities
• Implement effective performance metrics
• Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
• Demonstrate ability in the Esterline competencies as an employee: customer focus, ethics and values, problem solving, integrity and trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure and values diversity.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
• U.S. citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien Status required
• Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering preferred.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in manufacturing processes and techniques.
• Minimum 5 years direct supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Intermediate knowledge of production scheduling and capacity management.
• Minimum 5 years demonstrated continuous improvement experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Advanced skill level in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PP)
• Advanced skill level in MRP/ERP systems.
Please apply on-line on the Esterline Career Website, www.esterline.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Vet