Fifty years ago, in a small two car garage, Hypertherm began our journey with simple, powerful ideas about business and an invention that shaped the future of industrial cutting. The same ideals that fueled our inception all those years ago are still what drive us today: A passion for challenging what is achievable with the products we create, the culture we foster, and the experience we deliver to our customers.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Process Engineer (MPE) to join our growing Waterjet team in New Brighton, Minnesota. This is an exciting opportunity to utilize your manufacturing and project management skills and to join a 100% associate-owned, global company.
You will jump right in and take the lead in the installation and training of a new line as well as being intimately involved in defining and designing requirements for several new testing platforms. Using your experience with Lean and Six Sigma practices regularly seek process improvements and initiatives to improve safety, enhance quality, reduce cost, and increase earnings.
Additional ways you will have a direct impact:
- Define the work method for our Waterjet production area. Identify process improvements and lead projects to improve product flow.
- Ensure safety procedures (lockout, job safety analysis, personal protective equipment, machine guarding, and ergonomics) are developed and integrated into production processes.
- Provide daily support to the Waterjet production team for technical issues that arise. Provide training and support in programming, operation and maintenance of all equipment in the work area.
- Ensure processes operate within quality metric targets. Identify trends in quality performance and execute root-cause analysis and corrective action plans.
- Design tooling, fixtures, and workstations essential for new product introduction to the production cells. Provide DFMA feedback to design engineers during prototyping.
- Manage the investigation, capital justification, and purchase of new equipment and tooling.
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- Seven to ten years related manufacturing process experience
- Project Management experience with demonstrated capability to successfully lead development projects
- A self-starter with the ability to think critically, multi-task, and succeed in a team environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Statistical Analysis software experience, a plus
- Hands-on technical experience with industrial machinery, a plus
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Experience with GD&T, VSM, DFMA, pFMEA, and dFMEA
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Waterjet experience
- Six Sigma Green/Black Belt Certification
Location: New Brighton, Minnesota
Hypertherm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity in our company. We give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
- Employee Events
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Memberships
- Health Care On Site
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision