Manufacturing Quality Engineer position in Bowling Green, Ohio.
Qualification and Skills:
Bachelor Degree in technical field or Associates Degree with equivalent Quality Engineering experience
Specific Functional Capabilities, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Formal problem solving skills (5WHYs, 8D, fishbone, PPS, etc)
- Experience with core quality tools, including MSA, APQP, PPAP, DFMEA/PFMEA and SPC
- Interpretation of drawings and technical specifications (including GD&T)
- Experience working in Quality Function
- Manufacturing process experience
- Experience/training with management systems
- Knowledge of customer standards and specific requirements
- Knowledge of Driveline products and processes
- Knowledge of Inspection and Test methodologies.
- Knowledge of Gage, Inspection, and Test equipment design and development
- Experience conducting RCFAs (root cause failure analyses) on products
- Lean Principles, Continuous Improvement, or Six Sigma training
- Understand personal impact and supporting role for all management systems, communicate requirements of integrated management system to plant wide resources.
- Support quality team metrics and continuous improvement targets.
- Support internal auditing processes, as required.
- Interface with plant wide employees to understand / resolve quality issues.
- Read / Interpret blueprints and specification to maintain and support process controls. (CP, PFMEA, SWI, SPC)
- Identify and support product/process continuous improvement activities, to reduce scrap, increase capability, and productivity using statistical data analysis.
- Assist AQE and Metrology in development of robust gauging systems.
- Facilitate and support corrective and preventative actions.
- Train and develop plant wide resources in process controls and standard work.
- Participate in Advanced Quality Planning / Launch activities, as voice of manufacturing to achieve successful launches.
- Interact with Supplier Quality in resolving supplier issues, that directly impacted manufacturing.
- Maintain and support customer requirements, metrics and satisfaction.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions. With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.