Manufacturing Sourcing Specialist – Fabrication - Machining
Contract Manufacturing / Material Selection
This is a direct-hire / perm position that comes with full benefits and tons of growth potential. The ideal level of experience is 0-5 years. Candidates should possess a decent mechanical aptitude. Any knowledge of fabrication, machining, or similar processes would be a plus. An engineering degree is NOT required, but a degree in mechanical engineering technology would be a plus, as would a degree related to supply chain.
PLEASE BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CLOSELY
IMPORTANT - If interested and qualified, please send me your Word formatted resume and answers to the questions posed at the end of our posting.
You will receive a reply in a timely fashion either via phone or email if your background is determined to be a good match.
This is a career development role, and we are looking for candidates who aspire to move up through an established, growing organization. This person will be working with purchasing to develop a supply chain capable of providing increased adaptability and responsiveness, improved utilization of options between business units, improved quality and reduce overall cost. This position will work closely with the Manufacturing, Purchasing and the Engineering Group.
- Provides technical support to outside machining and fabrication vendors.
- Provide input to the purchasing department for the selection of machining and fabrication suppliers.
- Visit vendors to inspect parts as required.
- Expedite parts and work with suppliers to maintain schedule.
- Build positive relationships with suppliers.
Please note: There is some flexibility on the requirements for the role. This person can come from an operations, engineering or supply chain background, provided they have the ability to grow and some mechanical aptitude / ability
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Conceptual Skills in Machining and fabrication is a plus
- Ability to read and understand Work Instructions and Mechanical blueprints is desired
- Any experience with sourcing or supply chain is a plus
- Attentive to details.
- Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and E-Mail.
- Technical degree or related work experience preferred.
- Willing to Travel up to 25%
IMPORTANT - IF INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED PLEASE ANSWER THE BELOW QUESTIONS:
- Why are you looking for a new position?
- What is your current (or most current) salary?
- What are you looking for in terms of salary in order to make a move? (a range is fine)
- Are you comfortable traveling up to 25% of the time?
- Do you live within a commutable distance of the Waterloo / Cedar Falls area?
Please email your Word .doc formatted resume and answers to the above questions to:
Your resume will be held with strict confidence and will NEVER be forwarded to any of our clients without your permission.
If you are NOT interested or unqualified, please send us a referral. This is an immediate and urgent need for our valued client and therefore, we are offering a $1000.00 refer-a-friend fee to anyone who leads us to a candidate who is hired for this position.
HireSource recruiters are dedicated to working with the finest technical professionals throughout the country. We know the market. We know the hiring managers. We have the knowledge, resources, and contacts to make your search more complete and efficient. Whether you are looking for more opportunity, a shorter commute, better benefits, or a higher salary, we’re the best chance there is to uncovering that position you never even knew was available