Manufacturing Supervisor Job Responsibilities:
Inland Empire manufacturer position responsible for overseeing military cable and box assembly by supervising staff, organizing and monitoring work flow, ensuring equipment, tooling, fixturing and shop consumables are available, and coordinating with other departmental functions as required. Be prepared to assist hands-on in the event of needed staff guidance, on the spot training or production demands/urgencies
Manufacturing Supervisor Job Duties:
- Demonstrate strong effective communication and coaching techniques
- Ensure AS9100 quality management system compliance and continuous improvement
- Appraise employee performance while exercising appropriate employee discipline, incentive or motivation.
- Support staffing needs by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the manufacturing process, reviewing procedure and product compliance, ensuring personnel are suitably trained and resources are adequate
- Implement efficiencies, cost reductions, and corrective/preventive actions as necessary to maintain budgets, ensure product compliance and meet customer expectations.
- Work closely with Planning and Control function in support of production schedule, assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; updating with needed revisions; resolving problems; and reporting results
- Provide management information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing ERP production performance data; answering questions and responding to requests
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all equipment, and resources and on compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolve personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Manufacturing Supervisor Skills and Qualifications:
Supervision, Process Management/Improvement, KPI, Cost Control, Production Planning. Microsoft Excel and Word proficient. ERP familiarity. Strong English verbal and written skills. Bilingual a plus but not required