Avidyne Corporation is leading the general aviation industry in the design and manufacture of innovative and easy-to-use avionics systems. Avidyne products are widely recognized as best-in-class for their ease of use, and their “Flying Made Simple™” system design is intended to make general aviation safer, more accessible, and more enjoyable for pilots and their passengers. Avidyne has facilities in Melbourne, FL, Concord, MA, and Westerville, OH.
- Design and create test processes including software applications, test fixtures and procedures to support manual and automated testing of module and system level products.
- Define standardized test setups for testing of products.
- Review, capture and implement test requirements from Engineering.
- Assist with the smooth transition of products from design into the manufacturing environment.
- Participate in Engineering Design for Test (DFT) and Design for Manufacturing (DFM) reviews.
- Provide ECO review, coordination and implementation tasks and validate changes to existing test procedures and equipment.
- Monitor yields and participate in statistical process control analysis and continuous improvement activities.
- Resolve technical problems that effect quality, manufacturability, delivery and costs.
- Provide training, direction, and support for manufacturing test technicians and operators.
- Work closely with the Manufacturing and Test Manager on day-to-day project activities and problem resolution.
- Work effectively with other Avidyne Engineering organizations.
- Identify potential technical issues and suggest resolutions.
- Demonstrate strict attention to detail and accuracy of work products.
- The candidate must be highly motivated, self-directed, proactive, and be able to communicate efficiently and interact positively in a team environment
Qualifications & Skills:
- B.S. Degree in applicable engineering or science field preferred, however candidates with relevant equivalent experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Test environment.
- Experience using LabVIEW test development environment.
- Analog, Digital, and RF knowledge.
- Familiarity with MATLAB development a plus.
- Familiarity with environmental testing a plus.
- Avionics or aviation backgrounds a plus.
- Good organizational and technical documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer:
Avidyne provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, family care status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or with respect to any other protected class.