Position: Manufacturing Test Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities for this position involve managing and supervising the entire test department within the manufacturing organization. This includes testing numerous electrical devices within the Avalanche Photo Diode (APD) family and Indium Gallium Arsenide (InGaAs - IR PINs) family as well as the Lead Salts detector (IR) family. The Test Manager is expected to work under the direction of the Production Manager and use judgment and discretion in making complex decisions. The technical nature of this role will also require the collaborative and consultative role in program development or problem solving as it relates to getting products to market or successfully testing emerging products.
The successful candidate will have experience and in depth knowledge of Electronics Test Equipment & Processes related to:
- Advanced-level testing on APD’s, IR PINs and IR devices.
- Manage and be able to perform tests involving custom test procedures, including the use of: numerous light sources, pulsed generators, high-voltage power supplies and high voltage measurement devices, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Able to interpret product drawings and schematics and provide verbal and written instructions to team members.
- Responsible and accountable for producing high quality work to prescribed standard (military and commercial), with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule and within budget.
- Capable of leading and training test technicians across the entire product line, work with the Engineering R&D group on new or emerging products as well as testing first articles.
- (Although the main function of this position is managing and running the production test floor, the secondary function is supporting the Engineering R&D group and assisting with testing requirements related to R&D; approximately 70% Production/30% R&D)
- Support Manufacturing Operations, and work with the Assembly Supervisor to ensure timely and cost effective testing and shipping of completed orders.
- Capable of assisting and developing new test fixtures or instrumentation and verifying test procedures
- Creating and troubleshooting product designs and test issues with minimal supervision, and able to communicate and relay design or test issues to the Production Manager, Assembly Supervisor, or applicable Production Associates for problem resolution.
- Bachelor’s (BS) degree in Electrical Engineering. (Please do not apply if you do not have an EE degree, this is heavily electronics related, will not consider other applicants)
- 5+ years of experience in an electrical/electronic test/production environment. (Will consider a recent Graduate)
- Demonstrated ability to use multi-meters, oscilloscopes and other testing equipment.