BLP Marine has an immediate opening for an experienced marine mechanic at one of its full service marinas in Connecticut. This is a year round full time position. Candidates should be well versed in basic boat systems including installing, troubleshooting and maintaining mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems aboard vessels including diesel engines, gas engines as well as outboards. We service boats from 20’ to 80’. We offer health insurance, paid vacation, a 401K program with a match, holiday pay as well as training for the right candidate. Salary determined by level experience and expertise.
Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Candidate must be well versed in diesel and gas engines along with marine systems
- Must have knowledge of outboard engine troubleshooting and maintenance as well
- Industry certifications and outboard experience is a plus
- ABYC electrical or systems certifications is a plus
- Applicants must be a self-starter as well as a team player
- Positive attitude and eagerness to grow with the company a plus
- Weekends and some holidays may be required