A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: We have an opening for an New Business Market Analyst in St Louis, Missouri. This position is in the strategy group for the Gene Editing and Novel Modalities initiative (GENM) at MilliporeSigma.
This role will be responsible for:
- Analyzing the market and competitive landscape across all business fields, regions, and customer segments
- Conducting analyses for growth of our R&D and business portfolio
- Tracking strategy implementation and driving process improvement
- You will help develop and analyze new and adjacent markets and build business cases to implement an innovative strategy based on genome editing platforms through consultation with multiple divisions and functions e.g. Marketing & Sales, Research & Development and Portfolio Management. Included is identification of future game changing technologies, evaluation and initiation of pilot studies, and financial modeling to determine the value of entering new fields.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in business, life science or engineering, ideally with MBA and/or post-graduate degree(s)
- General knowledge/experience with drug discovery and development and good grasp of the market dynamics in the life sciences
- Experience at a top-tier consulting firm preferred, ideally in life science or healthcare strategy
- Sharp business acumen, analytic and communication skills; experience with financial statements a plus
- Strong project management, leadership, and facilitation skills, including experience with working in cross-function matrix teams, and building consensus across all levels of the organization
- Able to work in a matrix environment with R&D, project management, and other groups as required
- Demonstrated agility to multitask and manage time
- Solid computer skills, and experience with digital analytics
- Essential to be able to handle uncertainty, work under pressure and have a passion for new biological technologies
- Ability to travel 10-20% including international trips
- 20% of time will be spent developing presentations for the Senior management for portfolio reviews, strategy updates and various reviews
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.