Farmers Market Manager
The Frisco Fresh Market (FFM) is looking for a Market Manager to run the day-to-day operations of the farmers market. This is a full-time position that includes an on-site presence during market hours, as well as off-site work during non-market hours. In this role, you will be representing the market to its vendors, consumers and the community as a whole and will be reporting directly to the Frisco Fresh Market Committee, who sets all market policy.
- Arrive prior to the start of the market day and remain until after closing to:
- Ensure vendors are dropping-off and unloading in the designated loading zone and then proceeding to park in the designated parking lot
- Ensure all vendors are in the correct stalls
- Ensure stalls are emptied out and clean at the end of the day
- Ensure all FFM Rules and Regulations are adhered to at all times
- Ensure all State and County Regulations are adhered to at all times
- Answer any questions vendors or consumers may have
- Resolve any disputes that may arise
- Act as a liaison to the FFM Committee, provide accounting and performance reports and bring back suggestions from vendors and customers
- Assist in planning and overseeing of Frisco Fresh Market Events
- Communicate updated Market Policies, Rules and Activities to vendors
- Oversee vendors and market staff
- The market grounds must be maintained in a safe manner at all times
- Assure that the market grounds are clean, and the stalls are emptied out at the end of the day
- Ensure that all preparations for the next market day are underway so things run smoothly
- Maintain a database of vendors, their contact information and any licenses or permits each vendor holds based on the products they are selling
- Work with the FFM Committee to plan for market growth and development
- Risk and crisis management and emergency evacuations in case of an event
The person in this role has to be self-motivated, goal-oriented and very organized. As the ins and outs of this job revolve around people, we are looking for someone that is a people-person with skills in diplomacy, has excellent communication skills and a high emotional IQ. Experience in managing people, events and/or general operations is something that would stand out to us. This person needs to have a flexible enough schedule that they won’t shy away from long hours and working on the weekends. Especially in the beginning, no day will be like the day before and there will be a lot of learning by doing; we need someone who is comfortable working in such an environment. The ability to think creatively and have marketing skills would be beneficial, as would being passionate about the community and local agriculture and businesses. Getting your hands dirty is part of the job, in a literal and non-literal way.
We are looking to fill this position with someone who is committed and looking to stay with the Frisco Fresh Market for the long haul.
Frisco Fresh Market Mission Statement:
Inspired by the most successful and iconic European and U.S. farmers markets, Frisco Fresh Market brings together farmers, artisans, chefs, artists, and foodies alike. Located in the heart of Frisco, Texas, with an indoor and outdoor shed, a row of restaurants and seating areas to enjoy the atmosphere, the market provides local, fresh produce and entertainment for the whole family.
9215 John W. Elliott Frisco, TX 75034
Hours of Operation:
Thursdays & Fridays: 11 AM – 8 PM
Saturdays & Sundays: 8 AM – 8 PM