Our overall mission is simple. We want Empire Today to be the place where our customers can have beautiful floors, made easy. Empire Today is one of the leaders in both residential and commercial installed flooring. We provide customers with options of name brand tile, wood, carpet, and window treatments, to name a few. With your help, Empire Today will continue to enable people to enhance the appearance of their home or business in the easiest way possible.
The Market Manager leads our local market team and is responsible for the overall sales and operational performance in the market. They deliver sales growth and profit targets as budgeted and ensure every customer receives a consistent and remarkable experience from the initial sales appointment to product installation. This team leader oversees the sales force and manages the team responsible for performing all warehouse, installation and customer service activities.
If you come to work to win and get rewarded for it then this is a position made for you!
Desired skills and experience:
- A 2-year degree or equivalent
- 3 years management experience and/or training, including P&L ownership
- Multiple years of both sales and operations work experience
- Strong skills in MS Office
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficient in the fundamentals of carpet and flooring installations; industry certifications a plus
- Working knowledge of home improvement codes, permitting and licensing requirements
- Experience with material take-offs and estimating competency
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Knowledge of shipping, receiving and warehouse practice
Employees are eligible for numerous benefits including:
- Quick online enrollment into our benefit plans. Eligibility is first of the month following just two weeks of employment.
- A premium 401K Investment Plan with a dollar for dollar match up to 4% with no vesting. Find another Company that can beat that!
- Medical Insurance with several plan options and a Health Savings Account to meet you and your family’s health needs.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Insurance – Twice a year visits at no cost.
- Vision Insurance with materials coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Dependent Care
- Wellness Program – A best in class program offering substantial awards payable right on your paycheck
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays including Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) that grows with years of service
- Empire Perks – An employee discount purchasing program offering you great savings on the things you want.
The company conducts a background check and drug screen for all new hires.
Empire Today is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By Submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Empire Today to transmit and store your information in the Empire Today group companies’ world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.