Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Market Sales Leader (MSL) is responsible for achieving sales growth and freshness, people growth, market share growth, and customer relationship and growth and brand health by creating sales opportunities, leading the execution of DSD Excellence and ensuring critical field sales initiatives are developed, managed and executed effectively in the marketplace. Additional responsibilities may include leading the execution of DSD route sales in the market and supporting the attainment of world-class sales centers in rural markets.
The MSL will lead execution of the sales Direct Store Delivery Excellence (DSDE) Playbook throughout the marketplace in service of the Frontline sales force with the objective of driving growth of our people and the business.
The MSL coaches and supports the direct frontline as they execute, prospect and pursue new business, recommend appropriate solutions for each customer, grow existing customer accounts and ensure customer retention.
The MSL will use their leadership and sales expertise to own stewardship of our brands in stores, deliver world-class sales and merchandising, meet clients’ critical needs and provide nutritious and delicious baked goods and snacks for all consumers. Take pride in the platform to foster the personal and professional growth of the team within a highly productive and deeply humane purpose.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Mindsets & Behaviors
- Embraces, embodies and leads DSDE practices and acts upon the vision and values of BBU on a daily basis
- Exemplifies the characteristics of BBU and its brands and extends those brand values through daily activities and leadership and interactions in the workplace
- Establishes team goals and communicates them to help achieve performance targets
- Fosters an atmosphere of continuous improvement to include the development of self, teams, and work processes.
- Embraces the value of constant improvement to take appropriate actions that result in demonstrated, constructive change
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develops strategic plans to deliver on sales targets in order to grow overall business within existing accounts and pursues business relationships with expansion customers to generate new business.
- Establishes store-level growth plans that connect to the Zone objectives for revenue, freshness, and realization; while building customer relationships that align with planned store level growth goals. Communicates plans and conducts reviews quarterly with business partners to identify opportunities and action plans
- Executes on all growth opportunities to grow market share on strategic brands through the execution of incremental displays.
- Utilizes sales data to help drive effective decisions with the frontline sales person as well as drive brand growth with customers through the acquisition of new space and displays.
- Engages sales people in all facets of planning route sales activity, including order management, daily distribution, merchandising, promotional activity, and holiday planning in order to meet the customers’ in store expectations.
- Establishes effective customer relationships to initiate and maximize sales in retail, restaurant, and institutional customers; ensures client retention by exceeding expectations with new and current customers.
- Engages and develops core competencies in sales people through training, coaching, mentoring, and consistent performance feedback in order to grow overall business.
- Coaches on Order Management disciplines per the DSDE Playbook to maximize freshness.
- Leads consistent execution of the DSD Excellence world-class sales practices in the market
- Holds sales people accountable for meeting key performance targets; executes procedures and programs to increase team productivity, team effectiveness, & quality of work.
- Holds merchandisers accountable for the execution of world class merchandising and meeting customers’ expectations for down day service.
- Maintains accounts receivable, payment due balances, and Scan Based (SBT) accounts per policy.
- Achieves the field safety goals; delivers on safety awareness programs accordingly to eliminate unsafe acts, eliminate workplace injuries, and lead local organization to achieve the goal of zero injuries.
- Recruits sales professionals and supports route splits and route productivity initiatives.
- Identifies potential business partners and participates in the interview process for new hires.
- Additional duties as assigned