The Marketing & Advertising Coordinator will work as part of the Brand and Fan Experience team to manage print and premium item production, to coordinate marketing campaigns, and to execute digital and offline advertising. The ideal candidate will have excellent copywriting and proofreading skills, strong attention to detail, a familiarity with digital and offline advertising, and a genuine interest in building a career in marketing. The position will be responsible for multiple concurrent projects under the guidance of the Director of Marketing or other business unit leads.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the organization’s “point person” for all print and premium item production:
- Coordinate project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope while also ensuring internal customers’ expectations are met.
- Initiate requests for competitive bids and negotiate pricing with vendors.
- Review all artwork and copy prior to delivery to printers for accuracy against specifications.
- In collaboration with internal client(s), conduct press checks, review and approve mock-ups and proofs, and perform quality assurance.
- Foster relationships with key licensees from various Leagues
- Create, test and scale new marketing programs in collaboration with internal stakeholders:
- Devise advertising plans as needed including paid social, search, content marketing, display, email, push notifications, and retargeting, as well as offline and experiential marketing.
- Draft messaging and proof copy in various mediums including print, digital, email and web.
- Serve as “producer” for digital, TV, radio and game day advertising spots as needed.
- Use marketing performance data to create campaign recaps and inform ongoing decision making.
- Other Accountabilities:
- Support fan engagement efforts including drafting and updating mobile app content and push notifications as needed.
- Support events and grass roots marketing promotions as needed.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field.
- 1-3 years of relevant and progressively more responsible experience.
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational skills. Detail oriented.
- Thorough knowledge of print production.
- Strong creative aptitude with a genuine interest in marketing.
- General knowledge and interest in web publishing, digital advertising, and remarketing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Must be proactive and self-motivated as well as a team player.
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have a positive attitude toward colleagues and outside vendors.
- Must be willing to work a non-traditional work week including nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Experience in the sports and entertainment industries a plus, but not required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Normal office environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.