Title: Marketing Associate
Status: Exempt, Regular Full-Time
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Location: 1 Full-time position available to work out of either Vallejo, CA or Chicago, IL
This Marketing Associate is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of the marketing plan for Self-Help Federal Credit Union. The Marketing Associate conducts research activities on market trends within the industry, recommends marketing strategies, and performs creative and support duties related to the marketing function within the credit union, primarily focused on graphic design, digital marketing and social media.
- Assist with development and implementation of the overall marketing plan.
- Assist with development, implementation, and analysis of marketing promotions, products and services.
- Manage graphic and product design process, in collaboration with Senior Marketing Manager and Director of Marketing.
- Develop a Social Media strategy and implement and maintain on all credit union’s social media channels.
- Coordinate member surveys. Interact with members to research member needs. Analyze member feedback and report on results.
- Obtain and/or coordinate bids for all phases of the production of marketing materials.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Strong commitment to our mission – creating economic opportunity for traditionally underserved communities – and a desire to work actively in such communities
- Strong cultural competency and a preference for working in organizations that value diversity, teamwork and collaboration
- Experience with web design or content management systems
- Good understanding of digital marketing platforms – website, MailChimp, Survey Monkey
- Attention to detail and strong follow-through
- Ability to perform well in a team environment and collaborate effectively with colleagues at all levels
Other Knowledge Proficiency:
- Adobe Suite products (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power point).
- Prior experience with web design or content management systems
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing design preferred
- 1 - 3 years of experience in marketing or product management, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Frequently requires use of manual dexterity and repetitive motions, primarily with the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to occasionally lift and exert force of up to 10 pounds.
Self-Help Federal Credit Union was chartered in 2008 to build a network of branches that serve working families and underserved communities. With 19 branches in California, 3 branches in Illinois, 2 branches in Florida, approximately $680 million in assets, and serving more than 80,000 members and clients, Self-Help Federal is one of the fastest-growing low-income designated credit unions in the country. It is part of the national Self-Help family of non-profit organizations whose collective mission is to create and protect ownership and economic opportunity for all. For 36 years, the Center for Community Self-Help and its affiliates have provided $7.2 billion in financing to help over 121,000 low-wealth borrowers buy homes, start and build businesses, and strengthen community resources. For more information, go to www.self-helpfcu.org and www.self-help.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer:
SHFCU is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, class, age, religion (and lack thereof), disability that can reasonably be accommodated, marital status (including domestic partner status), ancestry, nationality, national origin, family status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), other medical condition (physical or mental), AIDS/HIV status, genetic information, sexual identity, gender identification (including transgender status), sexual orientation, and veteran status.
Competitive nonprofit salary, based on experience, plus a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life insurance, flexible spending plan, retirement plan, and paid parental leave.
Please apply to our Human Resources Department:
Interested individuals please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference this job, Marketing Associate in the subject line of your message.
The Self-Help Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer