Under general supervision, the Marketing Communications Generalist is responsible for a wide range of initiatives across the Corporate and Marketing Communications spectrum to drive strategic and fiscal objectives, including the execution of tradeshows/industry and corporate events; website content/ navigation, digital marketing/SEO, social media, blog, media/advertising (print and digital) and marketing collateral, among others. Also responsible for helping to develop, define and ensure corporate brand compliance. Must be comfortable liaising with all levels of the organization and leading relatively complex projects to completion. Must have a strong knowledge of contemporary internal/external marketing and communications platforms and practices, along with excellent budgetary skills. Some travel may be required.
The Marketing Communications Generalist must possess high-level verbal and written communications skills, along with the ability to manage impacting projects in a fast-paced environment with multiple internal/external stakeholders.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, PR/Media, Marketing, or associated discipline
Experience: 3 to 5 years related experience.
- Solid experience planning and overseeing execution of all facets of industry tradeshows and corporate events, for a calendar of approximately 15-20 (3-5 international) events annually.
- Ability to develop compelling tradeshow messaging, themes and event-related marketing/messaging that is market-appropriate and on-brand.
- Solid ability to develop, implement and monitor engaging external marketing programs across traditional and digital media channels, including website, digital marketing/SEO, social media and blog platforms
- Familiarity with print and digital/online media/advertising placements. Develop and execute ad plan/budget, negotiate contracts and placements with industry publications/ websites.
- Strong familiarity with digital/web marketing communications best practices to optimize work product, process flow and desired impact
- Knowledge of digital marketing including how to optimize content for SEO and drive organic traffic to website.
- Experience with digital advertising, paid and display, as well as the ability to monitor and understand metrics.
- Solid social media experience, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+.
- Comfortable with blogging platforms and best practices. WordPress experience preferred.
- Experience creating and producing a wide range of marketing collateral pieces, including brochures, PowerPoint, video/multimedia content, among others.
- Ability to comprehend complex technologies, translating into digestible information for the preparing of mass and/or targeted communications, including scripting/storyboarding preferred.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign and Pro. Knowledge of CRAFT CMS preferred.
- Solid knowledge of corporate branding and have the ability to translate to all written content.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong budget and fiscal tracking skills.
- Solid multi-tasking skills and ability to produce work at a high level under tight deadlines.
- Strong problem solving skills, able to make recommendations and think strategically.
- Ability to prioritize workflow.
- Professional demeanor and service-minded disposition.
- Experience in a highly-regulated business environment with legal, compliance and governmental impact, strongly preferred. Technology, aerospace and/or defense experience a plus.
Strong teamwork skills and the ability to work independently and/or as part of a team with a wide cross-section of the company, including senior leadership.
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic. Reasonable accommodations may include but are not limited to, that which may enable individuals with disabilities and special disabled veterans to perform the essential functions of this position.