Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood is currently seeking an experienced, resourceful and dedicated Marketing and Communications Manager to join our worldwide A/E/C firm to lead and support in planning, management and execution of Wood’s brand and marketing activities and internal communications and people engagement programs. This position will be located in Alpharetta (Greater Atlanta), Georgia. A self-directed individual who enjoys working in a dynamic environment and can collaborate with and mentor diverse people on global initiatives will thrive in this environment.
The successful candidate will support the global Environment & Infrastructure Solutions marketing and communications team in design and delivery of campaigns aligned with Wood’s strategy. The Marketing and Communications Manager will be accountable for delivering timely, creative, measurable campaigns that successfully position Wood and promote strong internal communications and employee engagement. The successful candidate will mentor Marketing and Communications leads and advisors and help to develop and implement group, sector and service line marketing and communications plans. The position will report to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will develop strong relationships with key members of the company’s operations, functions, and sectors to keep abreast of projects, customer, staff and internal events and initiatives and serve as a liaison to identify and address communications and marketing-related needs. Working with employees around the globe, the successful candidate will design and support employee engagement activities and programs, identify and write people and project stories for internal and external publications and be a champion focused on making Wood the industry’s best place to work
Position location: Alpharetta (Greater Atlanta), Georgia
- Lead and support in planning, executing and evaluating global marketing initiatives designed to promote brand awareness, highlight firm’s qualifications and experience, and drive sales and revenue growth
- Lead and support regional and global teams to create and execute strategic branding and employee engagement campaigns, tracking progress and effectiveness and maintaining assigned budgets
- Create and execute regional and global media relations plans, including media releases and proactive content placement with target media, to support and enhance Wood’s strategy
- Work with leadership and technical subject matter experts to write and edit copy for internal and external publications, blogs, video, web, and social media
- Track and evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of communications and marketing activities
- Write and work with team to produce and distribute employee magazines, newsletters and on-line news stories
- Identify needs, coordinate the production and oversee the distribution of marketing collateral; Write and produce marketing literature, including brochures and project profiles, for print and web publication
- Plan, facilitate and coordinate customer promotions and related events to enhance and increase awareness of company brand and its solutions
- Perform related tasks as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a marketing, communications or related field
- 10+ years of related experience, preferably in marketing and communication in an engineering, environmental services and/or other technical field
- Highly creative with excellent writing and storytelling skills and experience; ability to research, interview, write, edit, proof, produce and distribute strategic campaign deliverables to reach target audiences through print, online, digital and video channels
- Experience writing, editing and distributing media releases
- Strong leadership skills and eagerness to work collaboratively in team environment
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite applications; familiarity with SharePoint desired
- Creative, enthusiastic and energetic team player eager to contribute and grow in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple assignments under deadline
- Excellent presenter and persuader with keen eye and attention to detail
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.