Buckles-Smith Electric is a company that offers unique opportunities within the unique setting in the Silicon Valley and Northern California. Many of the companies driving change in today’s high-tech, global economy are located here and are customers to Buckles-Smith. We are in the middle of a $1 billion electrical and automation industry in Northern California. Buckles-Smith can offer career opportunities and challenges, and will keep you in the middle of an exciting and dynamic area.
We are looking for motivated and creative individuals to join our team and help drive our company’s future!
Coordinate customer experiences to support Buckles-Smith Electric’s position in the local market as the leading, independent distributor of electrical supplies and service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
- Event Planning: Plan, budget and facilitate customer, sales and manufacturer events and meetings.
- Customer Training: Plan, budget and facilitate customer trainings and seminars.
- Industry Meeting Planning: Schedule meetings and travel for industry events.
- Marketing Co-Op: Budget, request and collect marketing development funds from manufacturers.
- Co-Branded Items: Budget, order, organize, distribute company co-branded inventory.
- Customer Satisfaction Survey: Administer semi-annual customer satisfaction survey and follow-up.
- Internal Communication: Manage internal communication plan using tactics such as blogs, direct email and signage.
- Email Marketing: Create, distribute and measure direct email performance for target markets.
- Internal Website: Make regular updates to company’s intranet site.
- System ERP Administration: Manage data entry for customer and pricing data within ERP.
- Support miscellaneous projects for the marketing team.
Knowledge and Skill requirements
Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Publisher – Intermediate
Excellent writing skills
Event planning and budgeting
Basic experience with content management system
Basic experience with email marketing
Persistence and follow through
Sense of urgency
Organized and attention to detail
Ability to communicate professionally via phone, email, etc.
Four year college degree, or 3 years of relevant experience.
While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit for long periods; stand; talk and hear both in person and by telephone; and use hands to operate office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, stoop or bend and lift and/or move up to and including 25 lbs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.