The University of Wisconsin – Extension, division of Continuing Education, Outreach and E-Learning (CEOEL) is seeking a highly collaborative and innovative marketing director to join our leadership team. This position is responsible for the division’s marketing efforts including strategic market positioning, market research, and public relations. The work of the marketing director contributes directly to enrollments and indirectly to revenue generation through tuition. This position has primary responsibility for marketing strategies that increase and achieve enrollment goals for the online degree programs supported by CEOEL. The marketing director will collaborate with division management to develop, prioritize and implement marketing efforts that promote the division and the entire array of educational programs offered. This individual will develop omni-channel, multi-device marketing strategies. Omni-channel activities may include:
- Paid media- paid search, paid social, and other digital strategies. Traditional print advertising in trade journals and targeted publications
- Direct marketing – direct marketing (either print or digital) activities to reach key audiences
- Owned marketing – website development and SEO optimization that includes a key-word driven content strategy to support inbound marketing activities designed to bring prospective students into the website.
This position is responsible for ensuring that all of these functions are aligned with the organization’s vision, mission, and strategic priorities. The marketing director will contribute to strategic decision-making, the development and implementation of marketing campaigns, and lead the marketing team to meet departmental goals.
- Identify marketing trends and opportunities and implement best practices. Manage research initiatives and incorporate insights into marketing strategy and creative execution.
- Develop goals, objectives, priorities, and management of enrollment marketing activities. Manage regular reporting of key metrics on paid and owned media activities in quarterly reports. Work to ensure continuous progress and identify areas of improvement.
- Develop and implement goals for staff; lead, manage, hire, supervise, and develop the marketing staff.
- Conduct market research and analysis in planning and new product and service development.
- Collaborate with the Web Design team to build and optimize websites and landing pages, leverage customer relationship management (CRM) capabilities and improve marketing operational efficiency through marketing automation.
- Collaborate with Media Services team on creative execution. Create innovative marketing campaigns that will contribute to the brand and generate significant online enrollments.
- Manage all administrative and fiscal activities, including developing annual budgets, managing and tracking departmental spending and chargebacks, vendor management and payments, procurement compliance, marketing systems selection and evaluation, establishing departmental processes and policies, and providing data as requested by campus partners and CEOEL leadership.
- Serve as the division’s liaison to UW-Extension and UW System in public relations and communications matters.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in marketing, business, communications, or related field.
- Experience managing a marketing function and professional staff.
- Strong collaborator and ability to partner effectively with business partners.
- Proven record developing strategic marketing plans.
- A record of effectively developing, administering, and evaluating marketing programs.
- Demonstrated, effective experience with a variety of advertising media including digital media, social media, interactive marketing, and print.
- Master’s degree with a concentration in marketing, business, communications, or related field.
- Two or more years’ experience developing and managing marketing efforts using social media, interactive marketing, target marketing, print and online media, and assessing ROI.
- Understanding of higher education trends, particularly those related to online education and student recruitment, retention, and engagement.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate how they will maximize marketing ROI.
- Deep understanding of market research and market assessment.
- Working knowledge of all marketing areas and the ability to integrate them.
POSITION DESCRIPTION CLARIFICATION
This position description represents a general outline of job duties, expectations, responsibilities and qualifications. It is not intended to be comprehensive in nature. In addition, this position is likely to evolve over time and therefore the position description may not fully reflect the precise nature of the position at a future point in time.
HOW TO APPLY
A complete application will include the following:
- A letter of interest addressing applicant qualifications and experience as they relate to the responsibilities of the position.
- A professional resume.
References will be requested if selected as a finalist. References must include names, email, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references including at least one current or past supervisor.
If you are a current UW Employee, visit your UW Self Service account, under Recruiting select Careers and enter 14429 into the main search field. Please direct requests for information to:
Melissa Mayo; email@example.comHelp
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION
For assured consideration, complete applications must be submitted by June 27, 2018.
The successful candidate will be required to provide documentation of credentials. Prior to appointment to this position, a criminal records review will be conducted. UWEX complies with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act with regard to nondiscrimination on the basis of arrest and/or conviction record. This document can be made available in alternative formats by calling the person listed above.
An offer of employment is contingent upon establishment of identity and verification of employment eligibility as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
The University of Wisconsin-Extension is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, minorities and persons with disabilities. It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment.