Thompson Coburn LLP currently has an exempt position available in our Chicago office for a full-time Marketing Managerto consult with the partners in the Chicago office to develop and execute marketing, communication and business development initiatives. Qualified applicants will have at least five years of marketing experience in a professional services firm and holda Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, or related field, with a JD or MBA preferred. The person selected for this position must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Provides strategic input to various teams and individuals for implementation of short and long-term marketing plans.
- Oversees the Chicago office's marketing efforts, including seminars and client events, advertisements, press releases, press inquiries, marketing materials, newsletters and alerts. Takes an active role in developing and maintaining the firm’s internal and external website.
- Drafts pitches and other client presentations, and provides research assistance and ideas for seminars, conferences, speaking engagements and authored articles to improve the platform of the individual/practice/office, and to increase awareness of Firm’s expertise.
- Works with attorneys to create plans to strengthen relationships with key clients and prospects.
- Provides advice to and coaches lawyers with respect to specific business development opportunities and their individual marketing plans.
- Works with the group leaders, identifies and facilitates methods to enhance cross selling of services between departments, practice groups and offices.
- Serves as a liaison between the St. Louis-based Marketing Department and the Chicago attorneys.
- Supervises the Chicago Marketing Coordinator.
This position has the following requirements:
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills so as to be able to work well with employees at all levels within the organization and maintain all information in the strictest of confidence. Required to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
- Must have ability to read, write, and communicate fluent English; ability to compose documents in the appropriate business style using correct grammar and spelling; ability to communicate clearly using proper grammar and diction over the telephone.
- Must possess attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects, and strong time management skills.
- Must have ability to reason and apply common sense understanding to situations encountered.
- Ability to process routine daily functions while being able to resolve sensitive issues and complex assignments utilizing above average critical thinking skills.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- This is a full-time position which requires working in the office a minimum of 40 hours per week on a regular basis. Oftentimes, it may also include working outside of normal business hours to ensure completion of position requirements.
- The physical demands of this position are representative of those that might be met by an employee in order for him or her to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. These include being both mobile and stationary throughout the workday, having the ability to transport 20 pounds and being able to operate a computer and other business equipment found in the office.
Thompson Coburn LLP is a large full service, multi-state firm with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Southern Illinois, and Washington, D.C. At Thompson Coburn, our behavior and the expectations we have of ourselves are guided by the values that we hold in the highest regard: integrity, a passion for excellence, a focus on serving the client, a value of diversity, innovation, creativity, trust and loyalty. Within the Firm, we value each other as people and colleagues. In addition to the exceptional working environment and a competitive salary, Thompson Coburn provides the following benefit options to qualifying employees:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & ADD policies
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Firm Paid 401(k) & Profit Sharing plans
- Transportation Benefit
- Section 125 Plan (Pre-tax premiums, dependent care and medical reimbursement)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Time (PTO)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- College Savings Plan Deductions (529 Plans)
- Long Term Care
Applicants interested in applying to Thompson Coburn LLP are required to complete our online application which can be found by visiting the site below.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V