A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma is seeking a Segment Marketing Manager for the Vaccine and Viral therapy segment to develop concepts and solutions through product combinations, services and application data for focused market segments. They will work within a team as an individual contributor capturing voice of customer in collaboration with the marketing franchises, R&D, sales and applications teams to create a common segment strategy, marketing strategies and marketing plans.
- Contribute to the development of a common Process Solutions business unit strategy for vaccine and viral therapy segment:
- Gather data on segment size, needs, existing and potential competitive situations, and other critical success factors
- Research, analyze and report industry trends and other business relevant data.
- Support definition of potential new products to commercialize in focus segments.
- Synthesize customer pain points into actionable insights to accelerate segment growth
- Develop and execute marketing plans and campaigns for segment opportunities.
- Support segment specific product strategy, product development and new technology exploration.
- Coordinate innovation roadmap development.
- Manage external collaborations and applications projects.
- Develop innovating tactics and digital tools to communicate portfolio value to target audience.
- Develop marketing communications assets and sales tools to support segment campaigns including content generation.
- Coordinate segment projects with key stakeholders to successful execution of marketing plans.
- Communicate the status of projects and identify / leverage appropriate internal resources (marcom, market intelligence, sales effectiveness.
Who You Are:
- BS degree with 10+ years’ experience, MS degree with 8+ years’ experience, or PHD 5+ years’ experience
- New Business Mindset: Ability to seek out and identify opportunities to provide solutions to customer’s current or future needs; Displays entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm to explore new ideas and the unknown and visualize what is possible
- Analytical ability: Ability to identify and analyze what is important and to interpret and synthesize issues and data to draw conclusions; ability to understand interdependencies and cause and effect relationships
- Commercial skills: Ability to engage with customers in the pursuit of building and sustaining long term relationships, and having sufficient market and applications knowledge to add value in the engagement with customers
- Communication & Presentation skills: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing; ability to recognize when, how, and with whom things should be communicated
- Business Savvy: Knowledgeable about all functional elements which are important for business success; understands key economic drivers and their effect on business.
- Project Ownership & Management: Ability to take ownership for ensuring the desired outcome of a project and to establish and monitor the project milestones toward the objective
- Organizational integration and engagement: Ability to work in close alignment with people from other functions and to influence and engage with others to address issues, resolve conflicts and ensure the best overall outcome, ability to communicate across boundaries, build cross-functional collaboration and influence without direct authority
- Technical/Application Knowledge: Knowledgeable about MilliporeSigma’s Process Solutions technical capabilities, the applications in which they perform, and how they add value to the Customer
- Self-motivated and positive outlook: has a strong desire to drive for / deliver exceptional results, looks for continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Willingness to travel globally (up to 10%)
- Experience in a complex, global organization preferred
- Experience in pharma/biopharm/life science sector strongly preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.