The Marketing Manager is the first impression our residents and their families have with Waltonwood. Listening to customers’ needs and matching those needs with information about our community and the services we provide, the Marketing Manager introduces and guides prospects through the decision making process. Networking extensively in the external community, planning events, tours, and building relationships with prospects and families, this role generates brand awareness of Waltonwood. Reporting to the Executive Director, this role is the initial main point of contact for families, physicians, and pharmacies, to ensure any needs for a lead desiring to be a resident in a Waltonwood community can be met. This role requires great organization and attention to detail, overseeing the responsibilities of the Move-In Coordinator to ensure all paperwork is complete and accurate. The Marketing Manager puts residents and their families at ease with the knowledge and affirmation that they chose the best senior living community in town!
Our Marketing Department ensures that the quality of Waltonwood is evident beginning with the very first impression. Serving as the face of Waltonwood, they are responsible for the internal and external sales and marketing of the community. The department shapes, nurtures, and grows lasting relationships in the greater areas in which we operate.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identify leads through community outreach, referrals, networking events, and advertising.
- Establish and maintain relationships with prospective residents and their families to ensure Waltonwood will meet and exceed what they are looking for in a new home.
- Tour prospective residents and their families through Waltonwood.
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with Resident Care Manager, Wellness Coordinator and families throughout the assessment process.
- Oversee our customer relationship management software by entering prospect information, creating and running reports to have an accurate snapshot of the lead base, sales activities, community goals and occupancy.
- Work with vendors to create marketing collateral and signage to promote specific events and Waltonwood in general.
- Communicate with family members, doctor's offices, and residents to align their needs with our staff, confirming that our department heads are prepared for the incoming resident's needs.
- Meet with Maintenance frequently to see that the unit is ready for the resident, as well as create a calendar to outline what needs to be accomplished by the date of move in.
- Manage the Move-In Coordinator, ensuring all paperwork is complete and accurate, and filed in an organized manner.
- Analyze competition by evaluating the position of Waltonwood in comparison to competitors to identify community advantages.
- Coordinate and manage marketing events, creatively introducing Waltonwood to new referral sources and maintaining relationships with existing sources.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge base of the community, services provided, other Waltonwood and Singh communities, senior living industry, and the company history.
- Assist with all other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
At Waltonwood, we are all a part of a team who are here to serve the residents living in our communities. Our residents count on us every hour of every day. As such, we expect all associates and Department Heads alike to be willing to lend a helping hand to co-workers, direct reports, and supervisors, whether it is in their specific department or another unrelated to their day-to-day responsibilities. Department Heads need to keep the best interests of the residents and other associates in mind, and be an active participant in accomplishing team, community, and company goals. This is all a part of leadership. Our Department Heads are leaders in our communities and organization as a whole. We expect our leaders to lead by example, demonstrate integrity and character, lead innovation and change, while inspiring and developing associates throughout the organization.
- High School Diploma/ GED; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Three years of sales and external marketing experience.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other computer applications.
- Customer service experience.
- Ability to make judgement calls quickly and appropriately, as well as a patient demeanor with families and prospective residents.
- Outgoing and personable demeanor.
- Able to work weekends and holidays as needed, sharing the Manager on Duty responsibilities.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, squat, kneel, push and pull.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements including simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Frequent standing and walking. Ability to stand frequently (or long periods of time).