Founded in 1938, San Diego County Credit Union is San Diego’s largest locally owned financial institution and one of the largest credit unions in the country! As we continue to lead the way in providing breakthrough-banking products, we attribute our success to our family of financial service professionals. We believe it takes a happy, healthy and hard-working team to be an industry leader. San Diego County Credit Union achieves this through our “Feel the Teal” culture built on our sense of pride and passion for our brand, our work and our community. We’re looking for a positive, energetic, like-minded Marketing Specialist that is dedicated to providing WOW service to our customers and the community.
The successful applicant will be responsible for driving credit union growth via the promotion of credit union products and services through the implementation of cohesive, integrated marketing campaigns. Duties will include measuring, analyzing, optimizing and communicating results of programs to management; as well as maintaining the quality service standards set by the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, plan, write and implement effective marketing campaigns with pertinent managers and employees. Work with in-house Graphic Designers in the production of marketing materials to ensure on-brand, error-free work and timelines are met within budget.
- Strategize and develop all campaign collateral materials including programs, online and traditional advertisements, social media, website content, newsletters, email, product promotions, direct mail, branch grand openings and car sales.
- Prepare project reports, timelines, result forecasts, budget impact and return on investment (ROI) analysis. Measure, analyze and work with Marketing Coordinator to provide a comprehensive written report on marketing campaign results to management.
- Write, edit and proofread projects as assigned, including campaign messaging, website content, direct mailers, brochures, letters to members and internal reports.
- Coordinate internal communication and disseminate important details to staff clearly and in a timely manner. Update company intranet as needed.
- Act as the credit union liaison between agencies, printers, mailing houses and other contractors and the credit union. Ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget. Periodically evaluate our existing supplier relationships and ensure the credit union is paying a fair market price in exchange for high-quality, error-free work.
- Work with Marketing Vice President to drive media strategy for SDCCU and identify best practices for product development and acquisition.
- Works closely with Marketing Vice President to create benchmark criteria to measure the effectiveness of and optimize promotions.
- Monitor discussions about the organization on social networking sites. Monitors fans and follower communication and responds in a helpful, brand-positive manner. Engage with customers in the social media space. Report to upper management when appropriate.
- Assist Marketing Vice President with the development of tactical marketing plans and programs with accompanying budgets; monitor programs to ensure budget guidelines are met; and coordination of marketing projects to ensure timelines met.
- College degree in Marketing, Journalism, Business or related field or equivalent education and work experience.
- Must have three or more years of marketing, preferably within a credit union or banking environment.
- Significant experience and working knowledge of IBM PCs, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Desired experience with: InDesign, Photoshop, Exact Target, SEO, Social Media and video.
- Knowledge of CMS, HTML, SEO and online best practices a plus.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects. Ability to organize and prioritize work; meet deadlines.
- Motivated self-starter that anticipates new projects and proactively gets the project underway.
- Strong copywriting abilities.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Should possess solid proofreading and editing abilities.
- Must be able to produce accurate, error free copy in a timely manner in order to meet rapid deadlines for our fast paced, high output organization.
- Confident public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated creative and analytical abilities. Able to think outside the box.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work alone and with a team.
SDCCU offers competitive salaries, a motivating environment and a generous benefits package. For immediate consideration, please apply today: www.sdccu.com/about/careers. EOE