Full-time On-site in Sunnyvale, CA
You are an enthusiastic, self-directed and driven Marketing professional. You have a proven track record with working on Marketing campaigns from start to finish, including drafting content, developing leads and measuring performance and ROI. You are looking for a company where you can develop your understanding of the Marketing process within an established company. You remain calm under pressure and thrive in an environment where you can contribute, collaborate, and continue to learn.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This role supports the Global Marketing Programs Manager and Marketing Manager, ensuring US customer and prospect marketing campaigns effectively drive engagement and retention, awareness, lead generation and revenue. They work closely with the US Marketing Manager and regional sales team to implement and measure campaign effectiveness in relation to local sales objectives. This role will directly support the coordination of direct mail (electronic and print), on- and offline advertising, and supporting event organization – always ensuring all local activities adhere to company and product branding and messaging standards and comply with regional legislation.
Marketing Campaigns and Promotions 60%
- Support the execution of the US campaign plan, utilising global marketing themes and content, supporting local messaging requirements, and leveraging a mix of tactics including direct mail (electronic and print), events, advertising, web marketing, etc.
- For print and electronic direct marketing campaigns, identify and acquire targeted contact lists as appropriate, through external brokers, Director of Business Analytics or Marketing/SalesOps team
- Configure and deploy email automation campaigns through Marketo, including distribution list specification and management; and the flow of leads into Salesforce according to agreed sales process
- Track campaign results, analyzing data from Marketo, Salesforce, Google Analytics and other sources to measure the performance of marketing campaigns; report findings to team-mates to inform operational improvements
- Support Marketing Manager to source and maintain stocks of branded promotional goods
- Support the coordination and deployment of online advertising programs through Google Adwords, LinkedIn and other social channels
- Support Marketing Manager in the development and update of the quarterly communication schedule
- Support Global Marketing Programs Manager in ensuring company complies with current legislative requirements and best practice.
- Author and produce high quality communications for multiple channels and audiences, including cpp.com promotions, email, direct mail, newsletters, and others as needed
- Collaborate with Sales and Product Managers to identify customer references and case study targets; where required secure buy-in from customer to participate in activities, including customer quotes, media interviews, social media marketing, etc
- Work with colleagues to update company website with news of forthcoming events and promotional campaign codes
- Co-ordinate colleagues’ contributions and create monthly report of regional marketing activities
- Develop and deploy Marketing Alerts to inform and update internal stakeholders about campaign activity, and new customer case studies.
Event Support 20%
- Support attendance at events, tradeshows and conferences including; where required coordinating booth space and reservations, logistics, marketing collateral, promotions, lead generation, attendance, booth setup and teardown, and post-show follow-up
- Where required, coordinate webinars including event setup, promotion, and lead follow up
- Support the US Marketing Manager and successful delivery of company’s annual Thought Leadership Conference when in region.
- These job duties and responsibilities are not intended to be all inclusive. Other job duties may be assigned by department manager.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, or related fields; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of marketing experience for business to business organizations
- Understanding or previous experience with Salesforce and/or Marketo or equivalent CRM and marketing automation systems
- Experience and first-hand knowledge with marketing methods including: print, electronic, and web communications/advertising, email marketing, direct mail, trade shows etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong organizational abilities, including scheduling, prioritizing, follow-through, and multi-tasking
- Working knowledge of Windows-based applications to include, but not limited to: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access
At CPP, our only job is to help people development professionals be better and, in turn, help their companies’ employees flourish. While we’re best known for our products like the Myers-Briggs® assessment (MBTI®), CPP is also a group of people who provide experts in the talent management industry the information, guidance, and support they need. We offer solutions to help improve organizational performance and address whatever challenges businesses and professionals face – from team building, leadership and coaching, and conflict management to career development, selection, and retention. Perhaps that’s why millions of individuals in more than 170 countries use our products each year. They include people at Fortune 500 companies and businesses of all sizes, as well as educators, government agencies, and training and development consultants.
Working at CPP gives you the rare opportunity to make a difference, experience genuine respect from your colleagues and peers, and feel valued and supported. Friendly, caring, intelligent people thrive here and create a spirit of community that enriches the personal and professional lives of all of us. We work to create an environment that fosters excellence and encourages employees to contribute, learn, and grow throughout their career.
CPP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color. national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. (EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled)
If you would like to make a significant contribution to CPP’s growth, while working with peers and internal customers who are passionate about our solutions and mission, please apply online today!
Rachel Borders, HR Manager